Sunday, July 15, 2012

Challenge - "Silhouettes"

The Design Team has given some beautiful pieces of inspiration and we really haven't had the response we were hoping for on our challenge.  You have another week in which to enter.  There are loads of Silhouettes stamps available and there are even digitals, some of which are free on the net.  So get inspired with the  Design Team and put in your entry.  Just click on the first entry of my sidebar and it will take you directly to the challenge post which is a couple of posts below.
Vicki
Since I send out many cards each week as part of  an outreach ministry, the cost of postage really puts a bind with our budget. Because the cost of postage is a concern, I have just started making post cards.  This is one of the first I have made.  It has a silhouette by Floppy Latte image on a background made shaving cream..  As subtle emblishments is a small sticket of a butterfly and two fans made from a small piece of a Cheery Lynn Designs die.  In the corner is an acrylic stick-on word.
Michele
I have become a big fan of the Floppy Latte silhouette images! I love them. So many creative opportunities. This is another Floppy Latte image which I've arranged with a variety of designer papers and elements. My "dream" stamp is by Inkadinkado. I hope you'll join in the fun!
Sharon
I decided to make a CAS card for this week's Silhouette Inspiration using the Floppy Latte "Love my Striped Bonnet" Image. I used a new die cut to cut out the image and added a seam binding border at the bottom along with a handmade flower and  gem. The marbled papers are some of my favourites.
Jenn
Hi there - this is Jenn, I made a page in my art journal using Fairy Moon from Floppy Latte. I printed my image directly onto some designer paper , and used coordinating paper for the whole page, from Graphic45. The image is popped up with dimensional dots.


For week 2 of the *silhouettes* challenge I have made a very simple tag with a tree and owl silhouette. The tree is from Tim Holtz, the owl is a digi-stamp. I distressed the background over a small round of paper to make a moon mask.Have a good day you all! 
Valerie

Petra
This week I stayed with a black&white monochrome silhouette scheme. The two lovely ladies are images from this month's sponsor Floppy Latte Designs. I printed the images, cut them out, covered them with glossy accents and layered them on nestabilities shapes and a dry-embossed white A6 card. The little sentiment is stamped with a WildRose stamp. As finishing touches I added a little black bow and a teeny tiny bling.
Rene
My inspiration for my card came from my love for sewing. It also tells of the generations of seamstresses in my family. The silhouette adds to the vintage feel of the card, of days gone by.

3 comments:

  1. The silhoulettes are great, have not tried them yet. Post cards are really a good idea, ur right postage has gotten unbelieveable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcards are great. I like all of them, but I think my favourite one is the one that says Dream. You are so right about postage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I really enjoyed the Silhouettes challenge, but suddenly realised I'd been really lax in not getting round the DT's blogs to say so! Gorgeous work all round, and a lovely challenge - thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete