Thursday, July 12, 2012

Birds in Hats Coaster Swap

I took part in AlphaStamps' "Birds in Hats" coaster swap. We were to make three to exchange. However, I was having so much fun, that before I realized it I had made four. Therefore, the hostess of the swap will get the fourth one I made, which is the one with the two men. Here are the ones I made. I hope the gals who get them are pleased. I can't wait to receive my coasters.
The first coaster I made uses a piece of embossed designer paper.  On top of that I put some ribbon which has lace on both sides.  I stamped a Magnolia stamp, colored her with Copic markers and then cut her out.  After that I cut out the three AlphaStamps birds.  One bird was placed in the basket on the stamped image.  Since the swap is "Birds with Hats", I cut out the three hats and placed them on two of the birds.  The third  hat I put in the beak of one of the birds so it can be for the third bird.  The sentiment was computer generated.
I really like the background on this coaster.  I had a piece of designer paper that had circles on it.  I was playing around with some stencils and put some red squares on top of the paper by using a stencil.  I thought that this really look wild.....like a circus.  Thus the idea of the unicycle, an Artist  Outpost stamp.  I cut it out and put on one side.  Since the swap dealt with birds, I decided that the bird could ride the unicycle.  Can't you just hear him say "Whee...!"?
I knew I wanted to do one of the coasters with a musical theme.  This coaster has a background of music which has been distreesed with tea.  On it I used a phonograph (stamp unknown) and a diecut of a music note.  The guitar (a Nashville touch) is made of silver glitter.  The two AlphaStamps birds and hats complete the coaster.  The sentiment was also computer generated.
I was having so much fun that I didn't notice I was making more coasters than I needed.  Therefore, I am designating this one for my hostess, Carolyn Hays.  It has a page from an old Alice in Wonderland paperback as the background.  The two men are from my stash.  Again the birds and hats are from AlphaStamps.  It seemed that one of the birds was making the man's hat a nest....thus the sentiment.  In the corner are some peel-off stickers.  As a final touch are some alphabet beads which form the word "Birds".

If you have a chance to make a comment on this post, plesse tell me which coaster you like best.


13 comments:

  1. Gosh - there are all wonderful. I think I have two favorites tho -- the one with Tilda and the one where you stenciled the red squares over the circles - love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them all but my favourite is the one with the gramaphone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fabulous! I love the whimsy of the circus bird and I am so excited to get the coaster with the men, Alice is one of my favorite theme and to have it built on a book page from that book makes it more than perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fabulous! I love the whimsy of the circus bird and I am so excited to get the coaster with the men, Alice is one of my favorite theme and to have it built on a book page from that book makes it more than perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are brilliant, love the variation of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki what great coasters - i lvoe them - well done & I'm sure the recipients will think they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is definitely the unicycle, followed closely by the men. Very well done on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There all just Wonderful!!
    Thank you so much for your phone call, It was such a delightful surprise!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the last one--a great play on words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all fabulous and will be loved by your swap partners! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all faboulous, but the fourth coaster really rocks!!!! So lovely and playful!!! Love it!

    Greetings from Vienna,

    die amelie

    ReplyDelete
  12. well my top favorite is the two men, as it is such an insired and whimsical piece! in second place is "whee" because it is so much fun! hope you get some great ones in return. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful variety of coasters! Lots of great details on each.

    ReplyDelete