Sunday, July 8, 2012

Challenge #47 - "Silhouettes"

You will have a wonderful time with this challenge as the theme is Silhouettes and you will find no greater assortment of Silhouettes than at my sponsor's site.  My sponsor is none other than Floppy Latte.  Look below at the beautiful silhouettes that the Design Team used in their creations. 

Do you have some silhouettes stamps or digitals in your stash?  We would love to see them.
Vicki
I used Floppy Latte's "Music of Love" for my silhouette card.  It is a center-step card.  I love working with black and white so I didn't add any other color.  The base card is covered with black and white designer paper and on the tag is the word "Dance".
Sharon
I decided to make a tag this week for this Silhouette Challenge and have used the "Summer Party" image from our sponsor Floppy Latte. I used a film strip die cute to put the image and "Best Wishes" wording behind and used black, white and pink colour combo.
Jenn
This is Jenn here - I made a sympathy card for one of my best friends, Linda. Linda's father passed away the other day and I thought this Garden Fantasy image from Floppe Latte Designs was perfect for a sympathy card. I kept the colors black and white with just a splash of yellow. There's just something so elegant and pretty about silhouettes.
Michele
Silhouettes are classy aren't they? I love this cameo silhouette by Floppy Latte Designs. It is so clean and beautiful that I opted to keep things simple. Starting with green card stock I layered designer papers and embellishments to create this card. I hope you enjoy this challenge!
Rene
What is easier than sponging, using stamppads? I created a dawn sun rising on the picture and card. The deckle edged picture was layered onto some bright pink paper. I added 3 rhinestone flowers & some glitter to her wings. 
Valerie
For my DT piece this week I have made an easel card, using the lovely silhouette from Floppy Latte Digitals, *Music of Love*. I have printed the image onto some gloss paper, over-stamped it with music notes (LaBlanche) and distressed the background in gradient colours. I have kept the embellishments simpke, just a ribbon and a small flower with liquid pearls at the centre. The text is mounted inside the card as easel-stopper. Have a good week, Valerie
Petra
Love this Lady with the striped bonnet - an image from this month's sponsor Floppy Latte. She reminds so very much of the bygone times and the Ladys you probably saw at Henley Regatta or Ascot. The base for this card is slightly textured ivory card. The background is inked with various distress inks and a flower stencil. The flowers are also coloured with distress inks. The finishing touches are some seambinding which I coloured using inkand some pearls.

Floppy Latte Designs

I am so please to announce Floopy Latte Designs as my sponsor for this challenge.  If you do not have an silhouettes, I would like to suggest that you check the site out.  I am sure you can find something there among her wonderful digitals.  Just click on their logo above.

13 comments:

  1. Wow I love all the DT creations with the Floppy Latte images!! A great theme for this week - hope everyone can join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done DT! stunning creations! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies! All of your cards are simply stunning! I am trying to reach all of your blogs! But alas I can't find links! So I am leaving you my comment here! I am so proud of each and every card you all made! Thank you so much for allowing me to sponsor this wonderful challenge!
    Jess,
    Floppy Latte of Floppy Latte's Digital Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely beautiful creations by the DT and we're delighted to be sponsoring!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone on the DT did such a lovely job with the Floppy Latte images!!
    I really hope that we will get many to join in!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Vicki, and the DT cards all look great too :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun group of images- I love all of the DT cards and the silhouette images. The Center stap card is perfect to show off that image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards! I like the ones that are basically black and white, but then also enjoyed what some of you did to throw in some color. Gave me some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ladies, your creations are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely work all round from the DT. The silhouette theme seems to have brought out everyone's elegant, sophisticated side! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like Jess, I've been on the hunt for DT blogs, but found only Sharon's. Hope I'm not being blind... so double the congratulations from the last comment in place of blog visits!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work by the design team. I really love using silhouette images.

    ReplyDelete