Monday, June 24, 2013

Challenge #63 - "From the Past"

You will certainly love this challenge.  It is "From the Past".  For this one  you can  use any type of image you want as long as they look "old" or from a previous era.  Most of the Design Team is using images that are patriotic since we are getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July.  Here is  what they created to give you some inspiration.
Vicki
I took a patriotic image from my sponsor Vintage Images Craft  I placed it on  red and blue mats.  The stars are actually a plastic red, blue and silver necklace I got at Dollar Tree and then cut three from it to resemble brads.  These help to give the card a little bling.
Michele
This happy flag-waving lady made me smile and think about 4th of July parades, fireworks and fun.  I added bright celebratory papers and borders and a hand written sentiment to complete the piece.
A sweet image from our sponsor takes  center stage on my vintage card, which was created using a computer craft program
Krisha
This adorable image of Betsy Ross looked like she was dreaming about her flag.  I trimmed her out and layered her onto a large patriotic stamp from Posh Impressions, stamped with StazOn Timer Brown for a more antique and dreamy impression.
I fell in love with this Vintage Wedding image from Vintage Image Craft and decided to use it on an ATC. Ribbons, pearls, and a rose lends a final touch. 
Barb
I chose this vintage patriotic image from Vintage Image Craft, I thought it was just adorable. I am Canadian and we celebrate July 1st for Canada Day but when we are at the cottage for the long  weekend there are some Americans that rent the cottage across from us, so this will be their Independence Day card. I hope they like it. 
 Petra
Isn't this image from our sponsor Vintage Image Craft just lovely and so much speaking of the past? When I saw it, I couldn't resist. It seemed to shout for fabrics and lace. After printing the image on fabric I layered it on calico and embellished the image with lace, musical note paper, ribbon and vintage buttons.



I am so pleased to have Vintage Image Craft as my sponsor for this challenge.  If you would go and visit their store, you wil see some beautiful images from the past.  They are sharp and colored beautifully.  I am sure you can find something that pleases you and will meet your needs.  Thanks to them for this sponsorship.

3 comments:

  1. Ladies, your projects are truly fabulous and wor so perfectly with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful DT inspirations. Love the images they used. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete