Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I Am So Excited!

I am so excited to be on Lunagirl's first Design Team.  Lunagirl Vintage Images are wonderfully unique and I love working with them.  Karen, the owner of Lunagirl has a blog called Lunagirl Moonbeams.  The blog is for lovers of vintage Edwardian Victorian Retro Antique stuff.

The first projects of the Design Team is "Birds".  She has loads of bird images to choose from and below are the projects I created.
This is the wall hanging I made with three of the images.  I used a canvass board for my base and put  as the background some sheet music which I distressed by applying a watered-down coat of yellow acrylic paint.
  
Next I took a piece of my art journal page which I had made with a Gelli Plate.  I wasn't sure how to use my paper at first.  I finally decided to make slide mounts with it.  Inside the three mounts I placed images of 3 Lunagirl birds.


 
 
 I think the colors of the slide mounts really bring out the coloring of the images.

 
I finished off the wall hanging with an array of flowers at the bottom in the same color scheme as the slide mounts and birds.  Completing the wall hanging is some lace I had in my stash.
 
Below is a card I made using another Lunagirl image.  This bird is surrounded by a Cherry Lynn die.  Flowers are from Petaloo and above them is the sentiment "True Bliss" as an additional embellishment.
 
I do hope you will drop over for a visit as there are lots of great things planned for the blog.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! your Gellie Plat paper made GREAT mounts for the bird images, really set them off.
    Congrats on the DT position!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your little birds. Love the wall hanging and your card...Beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog....and congrats on your DT position. Can't wait to see all your creations. Thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Soooo happy for you, great work@!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Very creative (and fabulous) use of your Gelli print! So glad you shared this with A Colorful Gelli Print Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, dear Vicki and thank you for your visit and Kind words on my blog! Your pages are wonderful, so I will look and see.
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Vicki! Love that beautiful hanging.

    ReplyDelete