Monday, May 27, 2013

Challelnge #61

The theme for this challenge is "My Kind of Gal"  I hope you will find this a fun challenge.  The name pretty much speaks for itself.  You don't have to make a card.  It can be something other than a card as long as you follow the theme.

You have two weeks to join the challenge, so let the Design Team see what you can create.  Here are some ideas from the Design Team.
Vicki
I was in the mood to make a tag.  So I used Gingerloft's Beauty image.  It was easy to make, but I did a little recycling.  I was at a wedding this past weekend and my corsage had a backing of burlap.  Since the roses were just about dead, I cut some of the burlap from behind the corsage and used it on my tag.  I though it gave a little different look and I like the way it turned out.  I left the writing that on was the image white in order to emphasize the face.  I think that made the face "pop" on the tag.

Also, would you believe that the sentiment was on a favor at the wedding.  I just took it off the little box it was on and added to my tag.

I've decided to colour the Geisha with girl in some different colours than expected. The green is a symbol of freshness & youthfulness as well as eternal life. Yellow is a sacred colour in the Far East. It also has the meaning of courage, beauty & refinement as well as aristocracy & cheerfulness. (Source Note: this may differ from other sources). A Great Impressions stamp is used for the sentiment on a yellow panel. The gold panel and bottle green card compliments the colours used.

Jenn used Cowboy Boot from Gingerloft to make this little ATC. The boot is colored with Prismacolor pencils & mineral spirits, and the sentiment is from Scrapalicious Times Sentiments.  I used an ATC-sized piece of cardboard and covered it with this pretty DP from Stampin' Up! as my base, then inked the edges.
 Barbara
I picked this cute little  butterfly gal from Stitchy Bear/Gingerloft. What is more girlie than PINK. She was coloured with pencil crayons and oms mounted on a pink die cut called Fleur dis lis. The background is a dot background from Hero Arts, sad to say two years old and never been inked until today, it was inked with Brilliance coral and embossed with silver pearl embossing powder from Ranger again a year old and never been used. Wow lots of firsts. I added the pink rhinestones and the stickles to the wings.
Michele
This darling cowboy boot digi from Stitchy Bear Gingerloft makes me think of the kind of gal who likes kicking around at rodeos but also loves dolling up and smelling the flowers.  This card is a tribute to her, with brightly colored flowers, ribbon and bold, fun patterns.

I made  a  4 x 4 inch fat page, using a beautiful image provided by our sponsor. I used mesh on top of the  floral base layer, using water colours for the colouring of the image
 Petra
A wonderful and so feminine image from our sponsor Stitchy Bear Gingerloft. I just love all the flowers and butterflies. I layered and printed the image on digital paper. To give it a bit more depth I created a lot of layers by cutting the flowers in the hair and butterflies separately. The image is coloured withn copics. Some blings are the finishing touches.

Krisha
I chose to do a simple French post card using the Gingerloft digi Umbrella Girl.  I used colored pencil for the image and the background.  The other stamped image and sentiments are from Recolectionns
I am so excited to have Gingerloft Digitals as my sponsor this week.  Please make a visit to their site and see if there is something there you can use.  Gingerloft has a great of images in numerous categories.









2 comments: