Sunday, April 19, 2015

Do You Zentang;e?


Do you Zentangle?  If so, this is the challenge for you.  The second week of the "Zentangle" challenge is here.  The DT would love to see your work.  Don't do the zentangle?  That's ok, do like the Design Team and use zentangle images.  These great images are from Sweet Pea Stamps.

Beginning with my newest team member Vee Cassidy, the Design Team shows what they created.
Vee
Good Morning
I am delighted to be joining Vicki and the lovely Design Team at The Cheerful Stamp Pad for week 2 of the Zentangle Challenge. I do hope you will join in. I was given this lovely digital stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps to play with. It is called Treat Hummer by Norma J Burnell. I coloured it with alcohol markers and polychromos pencils then went over it liberally with Sakura, Gold, Silver, Stardust and Glaze pens. I was not able to catch the shimmer properly in my pic, sorry, but there is a LOT of shimmer there! It is layered with black card and I added some die cut corners and layered it onto a zentangle backing sheet which I created in Craft Artist Professional 2 and printed onto super smooth digital paper, layered onto black card. 
All The Best, Vee xx 
Vicki

My zentangle image is from artist Courtney McAnsh and was colored with Copic markers.  This was a fun image to color.   Every time I see a moon I think about dreaming, thus the sentiment.
 
 Michele
Our DT is continuing to work with the zentangle art of Courtney McAnsh, designer of digital images at Sweet Pea Stamps, our challenge sponsor. I've taken Courtney's moon zentangle and combined it with images from Gecko Galz for my creation this week. I printed the wonderful digital moon image and colored it with colored pencils.  I used background paper and a vintage lady image from Gecko Galz and arranged them with the zentangle.  I added washi tape, a pink lace border, a white heart brad and the words "moon love" which I formed with vellum stickers.  I hope you will join our challenge!
 
  Hazel
I added more zentangle to Courtney McAnsh's zetangle elephant (click the link to see the original), kindly supplied by the Sweet Pea Stampers as sponsors of the challenge. The backing paper is some I've had for ages from PDA paper card & craft, on to which I added a cut out of faux black crocodile. The strip across the top is recycled from some craft packaging and the ribbon/bow is Papermania. I thought it was appropriate to add the Belated Birthday Wishes as elephants never forget ... but sometimes we humans do!
 
Karla
For the second week of zentangles, I made a tag using another image designed by Courtney McAnsh and you can find it at Sweet Peas Stamps. It is a lovely fairy which I colored with pencils and gel pens. I also added some fabric flowers, lace,ribbons, crystals and a cute wooden message peg. Hope you continue playing along with us!Have an inspiring week!
Barbara
Card one
I couldn't decide which of the awesome digis I wanted to create with so I did both. The first card is a Halloween card (it isn't too early is it?) The image is by Norma J Burnell from Sweet Pea Stamps and is named Treat Hummer. Background from a Halloween pad and on my table there was a scrap of Halloween paper so I punched the edges and added some orange and white twine.
 
Card 2
This image is just gorgeous, of course I love cats the image is by Norma J Burnell at Sweet Pea Stamps named Cat's Cradle.  My light Spectrum Noir markers came to good use as I wanted a softer looking image. the background is from a different Halloween pack and the swirl was added as accent for the background.

 
Thanks go out to Sweet Pea Stamps for their sponsorship of this challenge.  Don't forget to go to the shortcut at the top of my sidebar to find the current challenge.



2 comments:

  1. I am happy to be part of such a creative group. I am off to visit your blogs. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete