Sunday, April 26, 2015

Challenge #110 - "Owls"

Stampers will give a big "hoot" for this challenge as the theme is "Owls".  You may enter any type project as long as there is an owl on it.  The owl my be stamped, a digital or hand-drawn.
Vicki
These cute little owls are from my sponsor "Sweet Pea Stamps" and they were placed on a background from Gecko Galz.  The branch they are sitting on a actually a piece of twine wrapped a couple of time around the background designer paper.
 
Vee
Hello!  Today we have a new challenge - Owls. I hope you will join in with our challenge and we are a mixed media blog so you can enter anything that fits the theme, card, tag, art journal, etc.I made a wall hanging.  The image  I used is the lovely Hoot Owl by Norma J Burnell. It is available from our sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps as are many other beautiful digital and rubber stamps. 
 
I coloured two images with alcohol markers and layered parts. The background is a canvas board, 7 inches x 5 inches, I punched holes around the four sides with my crop a dile and inserted eyelets, I added texture with texture paste through a dotty stencil, painted it  with Heather matt chalk paint then inked through the Tim Holtz  trellis stencil with black soot distress ink. I threaded  hairy string (twine) through the eyelets and also through two metal  Graphic 45 flowers. I finished off with metal leaves. a corrugated cardboard butterfly and a Prima flower.

Michele
I love owls and here are two owls in love! We got some wonderful digital images from our sponsor Sweet Pea Stamps to work with.I printed the digital image onto paper by Gecko Galz and colored it with pencils.  I tore it and placed on some additional Gecko Galz paper and added lace and some hearts I punched from designer paper from my stash.
 
Barbara
Week 1 of the Owls challenge, I chose this funky autumn owl, since we have been Zentanle-ing the past couple of weeks I thought I would use the same technique. I used the Fleur dis lis rectangle die and layered it on a sheet of patterned paper from Bo Bunny. The image is from Sweet Pea and is called Autumn Hooty by Concetta Kilmer.
Karla
Hello everyone!For the first week of Owls, I made a card using an image kindly supplied by our sponsor Sweet Peas Stamps. I colored it with watercolor pencils and I layered it onto a cardstock and a scrapbook paper. You can find both at Toke and Crie which is from Brazil. I also added some pearls, some buttons and a lovely sentiment. Keep playing along with us and have an inspiring week!
Hazel
I recycled this lovely Sweet Pea Stamps image (Silentness (owl version) digi by Ching Chou Cuik) which had been coloured with spectrum noir pens and mounted on to a piece of blue angel hair and then on to a piece of white mulberry paper, with the addition of a few gems here and there to give a bit of bling. This was then mounted on to a piece of paper from a magazine freebie, with the lovely lace with ribbon slotted through.

http://www.sweetpeastamps.com/

Please visit the Sweet Pea Stamps by clicking on the banner and above and visit their site to see all the wonderful images they have.
 
 .

5 comments:

  1. Love how you did your owls Vicki, they are adorable and the background paper is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely project, teamies and boss. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully colored design team samples. I love the Sweet Pea Stamp images that the ladies used! Thanks for the "owl" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just linked my project up, and I would like to thank Vee for suggesting this challenge. Fabulous DT work. So pleased to have found this challenge blog. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Tracy. Glad you could join us. Vee xx

      Delete