Sunday, April 12, 2015

Challenge #109 - "Zentangle"

I really admire anyone who can Zentangle an image.  I love the beautiful work of Zentangle, but I just don't have the skill or the patience.  If you can do this technique, please enter, but to make it possible for everyone to enter, you may also use an image that has the appearance of zentangle.  That is what I have done with the beautiful images below.
Vicki
I really wanted to color this cute little elephant from Sweet Pea Stamps, but most of the zentangle I see is done with black pen and white space.  However, you will notice below that my fellow DT members treated the image differently.  The little sign the elephant is carrying says "Believe You Can and You Are Half There" is a little sign that was part of a piece of designer cardstock.

Michele
Zentangles are great fun to make, but there are also zentangle images out in the world to play with too.  We are working with the zentangle art of Courtney McAnsh, designer of digital images at Sweet Pea Stamps. I've taken courtney's elephant zentangle and made two alphabet ATCs.
With both ATCs I printed the digital image and colored with colored pencils.  On the first I used a background paper from itKuPiLLi and added a flower and washi tape.  The word elephant was stamped with my Mason Row Pegz.

For the second ATC the background sunburst paper is from McMahon five designs and I added flowers and a letter.  I decided to share both ATCs because I like the contrast as they were each done slightly differently.
Karla
I love zentagles and for the first week of our challenge, I created card using an image from Sweet Pea Stamps designer Courtney McAnsh.I colored my elephant with pencils and layered it onto three different scrapbook papers.Then I added some flowers, pearls, a sentiment and lace. This card is for my mother. You can also see the roses I bought her. It's her birhday. Hope you play along with us!Have an inspiring week!

Barbara
For the first week of the challenge I chose this lovely elephant, coloured with Spectrum noir markers, the colours were a little brighter than I had planned but I'm liking it now. The sponsor is Zendangle from Sweet Pea Designs. With the exception of the patterned paper everything was from the scrap folder.
 
Hazel
I created the background by brushing a Spectrum Noir aqua tint and splattering with water. The moon image is Sweet Pea Stamps  Courtney Mcanshs 'to the moon and back' digital, kindly provided by the challenge sponsor. This image  already had an element of zentangle, but I added to it and also decorated around the edges of the background before mounting on to a black card blank.

Sweet Pea Stamps

 
A special thanks to Sweet Pea Stamps for their sponsorship of this challenge.  Please click on their name above and visit their website.  I am sure you will find some wonderful stamps you can use.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for choosing my card for the In The Garden challenge. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zentable creations by the DT are fab. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design team samples are stunning. Thank you for the zentangle challenge. It was fun to play!

    ReplyDelete