Sunday, March 16, 2014

Challenge #82 - "Modes of Transportation"

Thank you everyone for entering my last challenge "Anything Goes".  I had quite a few entering this time.  I hope you enjoyed entering what you were in the mood to make.  This time the challenge is "Modes of Transportation".   The transportation can be real or it can be imaginary. 
 
Let's see what forms of moving about the Design Team has chosen.
Vicki
I made a collage on my card using some of my sponsor's, Lunagirl's, images.  I really like this blimp cycle.  I couldn't decide whether to put it on the street in front of the building or in the air.  I chose the air.  As an additional touch I used a diecut of a fence to give the card a little depth.
 Barbara 
For the first week of the Modes of Transportation I used a Lunagirl vintage image of a train, I made an Artist Trading card which is 2 1/2 X 3 12 inches. The image was layered on gold and then on green. I added some gold cord to look like the track. Liquid pearls was added to give dimension to the smoke.
Michele
It is a curious way to travel but it looks like fun!  I've made an ATC featuring a fun image from Lunagirl, our challenge sponsor.  I've embellished with designer paper, a bit of map, a border and a bee!  Enjoy.
Petra
What a lovely day out, the Ladies seem to enjoy themselves .... I just wonder where they go .... my card is based on a inky stenciled background which I also sprayed with some chalky Glimmer Mist. I added a tag created from patternd papers, some lace, ribbon, a little button and bling. The wonderful vintage transportation image is from our sponsor Lunagirl Moonbeams.
 
Karla 
For the first week of Modes of Transportation, I decided to include a vintage map. There are tons of old maps to print as well as a lot of tutorials to use them creatively on the internet. The lovely lady in red is an image from our sponsor Lunagirl Moonbeams. I also added some buttons, a fabric flower and a bias tape. The wordart is a courtesy of Kimbs Design.
 
Hazel
I used Lunagirl's transportion (3), kindly supplied by the sponsor of this challenge, digitally changing to black and white and just digitally colouring the hat and flowers. I faded the edges of the picture and digitally mounted it on to the free Lunagirl postcard digital image. I added the digital postage stamp and the wording, including the fictional name and address, although Truelove is a real village in Devon apparently.
_____________________
 
LUNAGIRL

 
The Design Team have used the beautiful images from Lunagirl.  A visit to my sponsor's site is a must as she has some outstanding vintage images.  To make it easy to choose which images one wants to buy, Lunagirl has combined hundreds into CDs.  Take a look.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely array of crafting from the team, including your beautiful collage, Vicki - I am so grateful to be part of this wonderful team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these DT creations are so much fun! Very colorful and imaginative. I'm very proud to be the sponsor for this challenge on Vicki's fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely objects you made with the wonderful vintage pictures. Thank you for your dear comment on my blog.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work from the design team! Perfect time for this inspiration - spring - thoughts of bicycles, kids in wagons! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great inspiration by your team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute design team samples. Thanks for the "transportation" challenge this week. I would love to win the Lunagirl Moonbeam prize!

    ReplyDelete