Sunday, October 23, 2011

Challenge # 27 - Halloween

I have decided to continue my challenges.  I hope everyone will continue to enter these challengess if for no other reason than enjoyment and to have their entry posted in my winner's spot at the top of my sidebar.  From time to time I will surprise the featured entry with a prize, but one will not be given for every challenge.

They will continue to run for a two-week period.  So you have plenty of time to create something.

October brings out all the witching and spooky images.  So with nothing more said, here are some ideas from the design team.
Vicki
My card features a design from CS Designs. The artist, Chris, has a number of images with different type masks in her Solitaire collection. On thist card is the Mysterious Butterfly. She was colored with Copic markers. I made the mask dark since this was to be a Halloween card. Also I think it makes her look like a Super Hero character ready to jump into action and go trick or treating. The image was placed on a black mat over some Halloween paper with spiders on it. To carry out the blue ghoulish color, I added a blue flower.

Valerie
Hi Everyone, Valerie here. This is a Calendar page I made for a friend. She got the calendar as a new year present, and I make her a page each month- This is the October page with a Halloween theme, as it is my fave holiday. For next week I will show you a little album I am making.
Michele
I love making Hallowe'en cards and this year I found lots of cool new images to work with. This image came from http://www.geckogalz.com/ a company I just discovered. I enjoyed pulling together cool ribbons, papers and other embellishments to make one of my first holiday cards for this spooky season. If you're making Hallowe''en cards anyway you ought to just come on along and join this challenge!
Barbara
It's that time of year when the Wicked Witch of the West (Stampsmith) becomes a popular character. It's the witching season of Halloween. Here she flies past the moon and is backed by a panel embossed with Tim Holtz' Halloween texture fade highlighted by the newly released seedless preserves distress ink. (Don't you just love that color.) Backing up the image is an orange metal panel which I crimped using a wavy crimper.


13 comments:

  1. Vicki so glad you are continuing your chalenges!! I've added my entry and the DT creations are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the challenge, I've added mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, your creations are amazing and sooooooo scary .........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! :-) Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all so much fun! I Love Halloween. I'll have to enter my next Halloween creation.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki,Your challenges are always so much fun to come and see so I am glad you are going to continue having them. Since this one is just for fun, I thought I would play along this time as well. The DT examples are all Fab and you have some great submissions as well.
    :) Chris / CS Designs
    http://www.doodlepieces.blogspot.com/
    http://www.cs-designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stamping ~ haven't done any lately ~ This is a great site! Lots of creativity of all sorts ~ thanks, namaste, Carol ( A Creative Harbor) ^_^ and (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful! I'm enjoying your blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow,, amazing :)


    i want to follow you, please follow me back
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for a lovely challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh crud i'm too late. :0(
    great work everyone!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete