Sunday, October 2, 2011

Challenge # 26 - Be Transparent

This post will stay at the top until the challenge closes.  To see my moew current posts, please scroll below.

This challenge will be the last one on a regular two-week basis.  For the near future, I will host a challenge from time to time as I obtain sponsors.  This will give me as well as my Design Team a break so we can get ready for the holidays.  Also, I have some other obligations that I wish to direct my attention.   I do hope you will come back each week to see what I have posted.  And who knows it may be a challenge!  Thanks to each of you  who have entered from week to week.  It has been fun seeing what everyone has created.

This challenge is called "Be Transparent"  You can put anything on your project that you can see through.  This might include a glass button, a piece of acrylic, a transparency or even a plastic window.


 Vicki
This card uses the quilt technique.  I thought the colors of the squares were great for Fall.  Faux stitching connect the squres.   The verse about the one red leaf is from CS Designs.  Since this challenge is "Be Transparent", I put a piece of acrylic over the first two words of the verse.  The red leaf was punched and distressed ink was used to obtain the red color. 

I hope you are ready for Fall as it is on our doorstep, waiting to come in.

Petra
Here I used a transparency in an easy and simple way by cutting a transparent tag, stamping on it with a little snowflake stamp in a more or less regular pattern (stamp by Heindesign) and embellishing the tag with a Nestabilities star (paper by Memorybox), a little snowflake charm and some ribbon.
Michele
The thing that is transparent here is my clear buttons. I never worked with paper dolls before in a mixed media creation so I had the idea to use clear buttons as connectors for the body parts. This creation starts with a canvas which I collaged with pretty papers. Then I added my doll. The doll pieces came from Paula's Kits Club (sadly no longer in business). I made her torso with designer paper from my stash. I only ended up using two of the buttons on her, for her arms. But I decorated around the canvas with additional clear buttons at each corner, along with other goodies. Have fun creating with clear or transparent items!

Barbara
To create my window card I cut windows in my base card and in my overlay. I used a piece of packaging acetate for my window image. I used the Technique Junkie technique Acetate Smooch from the Dec "09/Jan '10 newsletter for my image. I stamped the image (from Artistic Outpost Wonderland Collage) in Stazon on one side of the acetate and used Smooch paint to color the image. The front panel was embossed using a texture fade and highlighted with walnut stain distress ink. I added my sentiment which was done on my label printer. I think this makes a fun belated birthday card.
Valerie
Hello! Valerie here. I distressed my tag with TH inks, stamped the background with a collage stamp and a script stamp - both from LaBlanche - and added a vintage image from a German Ladies' Magazine from 1899. The image has been covered with a film strip printed onto acetate. The bunch of flowers is from Jolees.

6 comments:

  1. Love your card and the sentiment is just so meaningful... famous poet, famous poem.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everyone's "transpartent" cards - all so differenet but very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki, wonderful card you've made and the others look great too! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I love the way your acrylic magnifies some of the word. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower! Stopping by from 2amscrapper's blog. Come by for some puddin n pie...
    http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/09/turkey-leg-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the transparent element - works really well to make a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete