Sunday, May 29, 2011

Challenge #18 - Color My World

I will be a little late posting the challenge winner for "Little Girls with Curls" as I had so many entries. I want to at least look at all of them even though I may not make a comment. I am so pleased that so many artists are particiipating in my challenges.

This next challenge should be a great challenge. It is "Color My World". Here are some ideas, You may color your image, color your background, or airbrush your card; you may use markers, ink, chalk, paint, or pencils. The challenge is not limited to just these ideas. No particular brand is required for this challenge as we all have invested in different products. The only requirement is that your card or project is colorful and that you state what you used.
Here are some ideas from the design team.  If you look closely you will see each of us has a different way of emphasizing color.
Vicki
I decided to go with basically a monochromatic color scheme.  I chose a lavandar base card.  On top of that I used a light purple.  And on top of that I used a piece of dark colored cardstock on which I used the Technique Junkie technique embossed webbing.  This is a fun and extremely easily technique.  The hardest thing about it is finding a store that will carry the webbing paint. 

My featured image is a Magnolia stamp.  I colored her with Copic markers, the sponsor for this challenge.  A sheer piece of ribbon is added for my embellishment as I didn't want to overshadow the background paper.
Petra
It feels like going back to my childhood sitting with colouring books for hours, filling the pages with scribbles and ... colour! Little did I know about the colourful world of the Mandalas at the time. I adore these vibrant circles and their manifold patterns. My Mandala image is from one of the free colouring pages for children. I printed it twice, one slightly larger. The smaller circle is coloured with Copics and layered on the second slightly larger circle which I left uncoloured. The base is a plain white card and some embossed and inked Kraftcard (Tim Holtz texture folder and Distress ink Walnut Stain). The Mandala is mounted onto the base with foam pads. The finishing touches are some button twine, a stamped sentiment (Hero Arts) and a little gem.


Barbara
When I found out the theme for this challenge I immediately thought of my EarthArt International images and my Copics. The EarthArt International images represent the animal spirits and are inspired by nature. It's amazing to  examine the images because within the animal itself are so many other images from nature. If you look closely at the moose, you might see an owl, a butterfly, many leaves, a racoon, a leapard, flowers, snakes, raindrops and clouds, a lizard, a ladybug, and different animal skin patterns. It was so much fun to color the moose (with my Copics) because I kept discovering the different images. The background of my card was a piece of design paper. It was printed with pale leaves. I used my Copics to change the colors and used the blender to give them a more watercolored look. Using Versafine, I stamped a marble background stamp over the entire background. It is more like a watermark. I thought the sentiment from Stampscapes was perfect for both the challenge and the image. Now I can't wait to see what you share with us. 
Krisha
Sometimes you can stick Mr. Mojo in a box and close the lid, because things just fall into place by themselves! When Vicki sent me this challenge I already had this image colored and stored in my "ready to go images" (yes I have a stash of these, from times I just want to color and do nothing else LOL) So I did a few touch ups, trimmed him out and found this background paper, that I have had stashed for years and completed the card. I don't know who the image is from, he came through an image swap and I just love him. Wish I had the stamp!


Michele
There's nothing like coloring! One reason I fell in love with stamping was the way it reminds me of being with my coloring books as a little girl. Actually I still have coloring books! Sweet pea stamps offer a great basis for coloring fun. My stamp here is a Ching Chou Kuik design called Hummingbird. I colored it with colored pencils then cut it out and placed it on a background done with the antiqued glimmers technique from Technique Junkies. That background was adhered to some lovely shiny paper from The Paper Temptress. I finished it off with some flowers cut from a punch and I put some little shiny colorful dots in the flowers. I hope you have fun coloring!




When I think of "color" I personally think of Copic Markers. Copic Markers are Awesome.
Copic has everything you need; they offer a versatile selection and are designed to be the highest quality available. With markers in over 300 colors, ink pens, a marker compatible airbrush system, paper, and books – Copic has it all.

This company with wonderful alcohol-based markers is my sponsor for this colorful challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Wow great projects by the DT!! Great challenge theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coloring challenge- great DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great challenge. It made me think outside the box and I love the results of using Crayola watercolors. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely examples from the DT. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look great!
    I guess if we have a fave here, it would have to be that paintbox one. So darling!
    Rose & Studio

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful art from you and of course the DT! Have a great Memorial Weekend!

    ReplyDelete