Monday, October 28, 2013

Challenge #72-"Color Challenge: Yellow and Purple"

Let's do something a little different for this challenge.  It is a color challenge--Yellow and Purple.  You can make any project  you wish as long as the dominant colors are yellow and purple.  The Design Team has created a few projects using two images from Jelly Park Digitals, my sponsor.
Vicki
I used this cute vase of flowers for my card's image.  It is colored with Copic markers and then was cut with a Spellbinder die.  Embellishments include three rows of yellow ribbon and a small arrangement of artificial flowers.


Krisha
The sponsor for this challenge is Jelly Park Designs and the colors are, of course, purple and yellow! 
For this first week I chose this pretty little flower arrangement and sentiment, and used water colors to color it in.  It is mounted on a dark purple (which never scans right) and then onto a white card base.  I went around the edges of the card with a yellow Gelato and added a stacked Tattered flower and leaf to the corner, with a purple pearl in the center.
 
Michele
I love purple and yellow and those are also two opposite colors on the color wheel so they make for a great color challenge.  I colored the Jelly Park Digitals flowers with mostly purple and yellow colored pencils. T Then I made a simple composition with yellow cardstock, unevenly cut purple striped designer papers and some butterflies.  Enjoy!
 
Hazel
I've used Jelly Park image 'witch master', colouring with spectrum noirs. Backing cards are Hunkydory and the strips on the left are offcuts of gelli plate prints. Sentiments generated on my dymo letratag.
Barbara
I coloured this cute little witch from Jelly Park Digitals purple layered her on purple and a bright yellow cardstock, My patterned paper is from a DCWV stack pad. I then added some tiny rickrack (yardsale purchase) and the yellow buttons.

 Rene
My little girl from Jellypark Digitals is all dressed up for Haloween. I kept her outfit bright using pencils to colour her. A Purple VersaMagic Dewdrop adds some extra colour to the background and card. Bright yellow ribbon and a purple button with gold thread carries the theme through.
Trick or treat?

Petra
This tag was designed around the lovely Autumn flower from my garden. For the background I was still in stencil mode with purple and yellow which is a brilliant colour combination. I finished the tag with some baker's twine, a half pearl and a stamped word.
Jelly Park Digitals is my sponsor for this challenge.  They have some very nice and inexpensive digital stamps  If you have a chance take a visit to their site by clicking on the button above.  I am sure you will find the perfect digital there.

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you've used the two colours for your pretty card, Vicki xx

    ReplyDelete