Sunday, October 13, 2013

Challenge #71 - "Let's Stencil"

This challenge is a little different from what I usually post.  It is "Use a Stencil".  The DT does not care how the stencil was used.  It can be on a art journal page, a canvass, a card or even an ATC.  You are not limited is to how you use your stencil as long as we can tell that a stencil was used.
Vicki
I  used a piece of cardstock which had been used during a session of Gelli printing.  It basically was a piece on which I cleaned my brayer and brushes. The scan does show the reds and yellows in the paint.  I used a StencilGirl flower stencil at the top and a tree stencil at the bottom.  The flowers have a silver sheen to them and the trees are a dull grey. 

I decided to make a card with my cardstock and this is what I created.  The image is from Gecko Galz.  I really like the way the paint fades off in the corner. Hopefully, you can visualize the two children walking out of the scary woods on Halloween night. 

The remainder of the cardstock with the flowers will be used for another project.

Hazel
I used stencils with a gelli plate. First I made a print of yellow dabbing a scrunched up piece of paper on to the acrylic paint to give a mottled effect. I then used a lovely leafy stencil from Clarity Stamps to overlay and lightly stamped some trees in the background using an Inkadinkado stamp with memento rich cocoa. I randomly used Sheena Douglass stamps inked stazon black.
Petra
I love stencils. They are ever so versatile and make immediately a wonderful impact. For this card a StencilGirl stencil, distress inks, Perfect Pearls for the inky stripes, a lacey heart and a Mulberry flower was almost all that was needed
Michele
I used to be kind of afraid of stencils, as I was not sure how to use them effectively.  Through practice I'm learning that stencils can be used so many different ways.  I inked the Stencil Girl flower stencil with red ink over a piece of sheet music for "Ode to Joy."  The original plan was to make a bookmark but when the squared top seemed to boring I ended up turning this into an arch.  The cardboard base is covered with some designer paper and then I added the torn piece of sheet music with the stenciled flowers.  I used a circle die cut to round the top and embellished with some washi tape, the title of the song, a butterfly brad and some vintage images from a Lunagirl collage sheet called "Fly Away Home."
 
------------------------
 
   Stencil Girl  
 I am so pleased to have StenciGirl Products as my sponsor this time.  They carry an abundant supply of stencils in various sizes.  If you buy a number of stencils for your art work, you may want to look into their Stencil Club.  You are able to receive stencils through the club that are not sold on the general website.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you put together your card, Vicki. And it's good to get the ink off the brayer and brushes and create a background that way - I like doing that too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge! Stencils are all of the rage right now! Love your DT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Gelli prints here! Thanks for sharing with the party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous DT cards, and great challenge!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete