Monday, April 8, 2013

Challenge Reminder and Guest Designer

From time to time I will have a Guest Designer.  This not only gives my blog more variety and interest, but also gives another crafter exposure.  My GD this week is Vee Cassidy.  Below she tells us a little about herself and gives her inspiration along with the DT  for the current challenge "Work is Good".  If you haven't entered yet, you have until next Sunday midnight CDT.


Hello, I am Vee (short for Veronica) Cassidy. I live on the outskirts of Glasgow in Scotland, UK. I am 55 and have two sons, 36 and 26, who are both grown and flown.  They both still live in Scotland and my current babies are two little cats, Lenny and Minnie, who adopted me almost three years ago after they were rescued by Cats Protection (Glasgow) from a really appalling situation.
I have loved Arts and Crafts ever since I could hold a crayon!   Some of my earliest memories are hoarding cellophane and foil and cutting up cardboard boxes to make dimensional things like cityscapes and scenes. I was not into dolls or it would have been dolls houses I suppose! I was not allowed to continue with Art at school and was pushed into what was termed more “academic” courses! But kept creative with sewing, knitting, crochet, home decor and baking especially when my sons were younger.
When I had to take early retirement a few years ago owing to severe, permanent health issues, Art and Crafts provided an escape. I am not always able to undertake as many opportunities as offered owing to limits of health but the crafting community is so supportive and really keeps me going, especially as I am often housebound.
Guest Designer`-Vee
I used the  Firefighter by Kenny K
I coloured this fab image with Promarker alcohol pens and cut it out with a Spellbinders label die, and mounted onto an A5 pearl blue card blank made from an A4 sheet of card from stash. I then used Tim Holtz tissue tape  to frame the image and added string (twine) with a knot. I added Tim Holtz metal gear and brad for embellishment.

Sharon
This week I've used an image from Guylou and new digital patterned papers From Gecko Galz along with the layout from Tuesday Morning Sketches to make this "Gardeners" card! Part of my work involves gardening so I couldn't resist making this!

Michele
These Kenny K images are a hoot!  I pencil colored the police officer digi and layered him over a torn piece of highway map and some designer paper.  I added the "This Affects You" stamp (100 proof press) and a star I cut out of some additional designer paper.

Krisha
My new dish towels...Thanks Kenny K!!
I worked the image through Printshop, then printed it on transfer paper, then ironed onto the dish towel.  I used an Inkadinkado "Hello" with StazOn ink. These are photos of then hanging on the stove! 

Petra
Well, who says only men can do DIY? Girl power with one of KennyKs brilliant digital stamps coloured with Copics and layered on Kraft card and printed paper. Letter stickers and a ruler ribbon are the finishing touches for the tag. Let's do it!

The Business Woman is doing her bit in the office this week. She is wearing her silver-gray office suit but added some fun colour with her accessories. I put her on an aqua panel that matches her shoes and a silver layer gives some more contrast. The background collage was created with pictures from an advertising booklet, a quick & fun way to create a card that suits the recipient. I hope that you are inspired to join this fun challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment