Sunday, January 20, 2013

Challenge #52 - "Tickled Pink"

I am so pleased that I had so many to enter my first challenge after the break the the Design Team and I took.  I hope everyone will return for future challenges and help spread the word about my challenges. 

I have made one improvement, I hope, to the challenges and that is I am  posting the upcoming challenges on my sidebar.  This way, you can plan ahead.  However, if you will, please do not enter more than two entries per challenge.  We want to be able to comment on everyone's entry. The main reason I use the random generator is to give everyone a chance no win no matter her/his level of crafting. I hope beginners will win as well as advanced crafters.  The main purpose of the blog is to encourage one another.

The theme for the challenge is "Tickled Pink".  What we would like to see is a lot of pink or something that pleases you so much that you are tickled pink.
Vicki
My inspirational card for this challenge uses a cute Digi Darlas image of a boy hissing a little girl.  .  I used Copic markers to color the image. This card is a little different in that the sentiment is larger than the image.  The sentiment is fabric.   The border is a diecut from Cheery Lynn Designs. I thought this would make a perfect Valentine card.
Michele
For my pink creation I used a lovely Digi Darla angel image and colored her with pencils and a gold gel pen. She is cradled in an oval shape distressed with pink ink and laid on decorative origami paper. The base is pink card stock. I could easily use this as a Valentine by adding a Valentine sentiment but it could also be a non traditional Christmas card. There are such a wide variety of lovely Digi Darla images to work with that whoever wins this prize will have a happy time playing!
Sharon
I've used a great fun image "Coffee Grandma" for this die cut card. She has been coloured with Copic Markers and cropped using a new set of dies I recently purchased. I've added some embellishments: feathers, fibre and bling to finish it off!
 
Petra
Sooooo sweet ... this little baby girl asleep. This is one of Darla's darling images on a mini card. I printed the image twice and layered it to make the image pop. The patterend papers are digital papers, the sentiment stamped. As embellishments I added organza ribbon and a little bling.
The image I am working with is the Paisly Peacock. Paisley made me think of pink.
I coloured the image with my pencils and fussy cut the paisley parts out 2 extra images. I layered the image and added some gems and; glitter. If you wondered, I'm tickled pink with how it turned out.
Looking forward to see your creations!

******************

And now for my sponsor!  It is Digi Darlas Designs.  She has a great variety of  images as you can tell by the samples from my Design Team.  Also, you can become a member of her stamp club and have the opportunity to get bonus images to use.  As a prize you will get some digis to use in your artwork.

Digi Darlas Desigs is having a DT Call.  It is s upposed to be extended so if you are interested, drop over and join in.


http://digidarlas.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. What sweet and fun pink cards...love pink myself....so will have to get creative...have a nice day..it's a super snowy one here today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, all these cards are awesome! Thanks for sharing them with us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is my favorite color- so I really enjoy the samples your D has posted- and the fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Challenge - love your Blog too! Beautiful and Fun DT creations - I'll be back to take a closer look later today. Hugs!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really awesome card that you have done. I'll have to come back to your challenge.

    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a lovely Challenge with fab Dt inspiration! Judy x

    ReplyDelete