I thought I would get brave and try my hand a am art journal. I finished my first page t his week on a piece of watercolor paper. This was so much fun and liberating. This piece was purely experimental, but I hope you like. It was so much fun to do.
First I completely covered my watercolor paper with watercolors. I had no pattern in mind. I just put them on to covered all the white of the paper.
Next I airburshed the surface with Copic markers.
Next I stamped a doll parts stamp by Paula Best. It was not very large so I stamped all the parts on a piece of paper, scanned and printed it out on my printer after increasing the size. I have no idea how large I increased the pieces as they were all on one sheet. Afterwards, I glued them on. I wanted her to hold something in her hand. I did not have any pictures as all my magazines have been thrown away (just when I needed them!) so I went to the web and found a nice pic of an apple and enlarged it to fit her hand. The head on the doll is a picture of me and on top of it I place one of the heads from the stamp.
I was thrilled that the head fit my face perfectly. If you look closely you will see that the eyes and lip fit together.
This was so much fun to make; I think I will try again.