Sunday, February 19, 2012

Know Someone with a Birthday?

We are on our second week of our "Happy Birthday" challenge.  Please make sure when you submit your entry at the Inlinkz button above that you are following the theme.  We have had some great entries, but they haven't followed the theme.  If you want the random generator to pick your entry, submit a card or project with the birthday theme.
Here is some more inspiration from the Design Team.
Vicki
Isn't this the cutest snowman to use for a birthday card?  It is a Clear Dollar Stamp and it comes with a number of sentiments.  I colored him with Copic markers and placed him inside a Cherry Lynn die of a darker blue than the card itself.  I also matted the sentiment with the same dark cardstock.
Cindy
Yay, another week of celebrating Birthdays! I'll be celebrating my own on the 26th so I guess "Birthday Week" will be lasting even longer at my house! For this card, I used another wonderful digital stamp (Biggest Wishes) from our sponsor, Clear Dollar Stamps.
The sweet little mouse was colored using colored pencil and gamsol, which allowed me to match the colors in the digi to my background paper. I matted the oval with a free scalloped SVG file (Scalloped Basics Set) also available at Clear Dollar Stamps. All the paper edges received distressing with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I added pink ribbon to the top and bottom of the card and the sentiment is an epoxy sticker. This cute card will be sent to my youngest niece...who is very crafty herself for a soon-to-be 10 year old!
Michele
This cheerful basket digi by Clear Dollar Stamps bears birthday wishes for someone special.... The digi is colored with colored pencils. The happy birthday stamp is by Hero Arts.
Sharon
I've used another of the Eclectic Teapots from Clear Dollar Stamps to make this "Joy Fold" card from a Splitcoast Stampers Tutorial. I've machine sewed the patterned paper on and colured the teapot with Copics. The "Birthday" stamp is from Kaszazz.
Petra
I do love pansies. I have lots in the garden and I am really really happy to use them in my creations. They look ever so friendly with their sweet little faces and are perfect for a birthday card. I printed the pansy text on a square slightly textured card which I distressed around the edges with distress ink. The pansies are printed, cut, coloured with Copics ... if you look very closely you will see they have a little glittery middle .... and layered them on to the text. Both text and image are from our sponsor Clear Dollar Stamps. The sentiment is printed on tracing paper. The only additional embellishments are two tiny dotty spotty buttons from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment