Sunday, February 26, 2012

Challenge #37 "Land of Fantasy"

I haven't hosted a challenge with this theme before, but I thought since Michelle Perkett is sponsoring this challenge and she has such beautiful images along this line, that it would be the perfect theme. This theme has loads of possibilities so let's see what the Design Team has to offer first.
Vicki
I took Michele's image called Lily for my creation this time.  I first colored her with Copics and then placed her in a frame by Cherry Lynn which I had cut while at a neighbor's house.  My matting paper is a little busy, but I like it.  Completing the card is an acrylic sentiment which says "Happy Day".
Sharon
I've used a gorgeous Michelle Perkett image - "Lilly the Fairy of Enchantment". I have coloured her with Copic Markers and then coated the entire image with fine glitter - I've never done that before but I like the sparkly effect for this new Challenge theme "Land of Fantasy" (Michelle's images are perfect for this type of challenge!!)
Cindy
"I must be a Mermaid..."
I had a great time creating with "Tutti Fruitti", the beautiful mermaid from Michele Perkett Digitals. I used glossy cardstock to cut the tag from and created the background with alcohol inks. Colored her with Distress Inks and then embellished with Stickles and Liquid Pearls. I added lots of fun sea embellishments and will add her to a cruise scrapbook.
Valerie
As I have been ill in bed with a nasty cold over the weekend, I had to make a quick tag here. I have cobbled the tag together using bits and bobs flying about my table. The background picture has been cut out of a free magazine from the chemist's, the little girl is from Scrollswork, and was stamped and cut out, but not used, for another project, and the rest was in my stash.

 
I used Michelle's gorgeous mermaid image paired with one of her sentiments to make this pretty card - Michelle's images are so detailed and fun to color, and these sticker pearls were the perfect accent.

Michele
For my Land of Fantasy creation I've used a Michelle Perkett image with a saying to "Be Strong."  These are wise words from this beautiful fairy whom I've colored with pencils and laid on some decorative origami paper.  This challenge gives you the chance to let your imagination go and create at will.  Be strong!  Take chances and make your art bravely!
Petra
The Meadow Fairy
What a wonderful image from our sponsor Michele Perkett - I love all the flowers in the image, it looks and feels so cheerful. I layered the image on Pink Petticoat papers and coloured it with Copics. A little bit of stitching, some paper flowers and a little gem complemented the card.
My Sponsor
is
Click on the logo above to visit t he Etsy Store of Michele Perkett.  You will find loads of wonderful digitals expecially for a fantasy theme.  They are all beautifully drawn and are so much fun to color.  Michele has graciously offered to give the random generated winner a choice of one of  the three images the Design Team is using.  I know you will agree with me that they are superb.


4 comments:

  1. Love everyone's creations, so glad to be a part of this awesome DT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,you ladies have really nailed the Land of Fantasy theme with all of your fantastic creations, they are stunning! Thank you so much for letting me be your sponsor this week, you made all my images come to life, thank you!

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards- the fantasy images are done so nicely! I like seeing how the same image looks different with DT members too...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Michelle Perkett's images!! Really fun DT cards!!

    ReplyDelete