Thursday, May 21, 2015

Challenge #112-"Black and White"

I am excited that Karen of Lunagirl and I are combining challenges.  Just think you can now enter both challenges with the same entry....a 2 for 1!  My DT and the members of the Lunagirl team have made some pieces to inspire you..  Please limit your entries to two on this blog...thanks.
Vicki
The theme "Black and White" is one of my favorites.  I got going a little wild with my card this week.  I have a very busy designer paper which I have tried to calm down with some paper lace made with a Martha Stewart punch.  The beautiful dogwood is of course from Lunagirl and it is on a black center mat.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread.
Vee
Lunageirl gave us some lovely images to play with and I used this civil war portrait to make a stationery set with notelets.
Vee xx

Michele
Have you ever been to a black and white ball?  Well, you are invited to one now!  This is a 4x6 postcard format creation.  It is my invitation to you to join our black and white ball for the challenges sponsored both here at the cheerful stamp pad and also at lunagirl moonbeams.  All images on my postcard are from the "black and white" collage sheet by Lunagirl, resized to fit my format and with the words typed in by me.  Please join our party! 
Hazel
I used one of the images from Lunagirl's civil war ladies-gents, kindly supplied by Lunagirl as sponsor of the challenge, printed out and matted on to black card with some lace at the side. The background paper is some that I got some time ago from PDA card and craft, flowers from Hobbycraft.
Karla
For the first week of Black and White, I made a card using an image kindly supplied by our sponsor Lunagirl Moonbeams and it is called Civil War Ladies and Gents. I layered it on two scrapbook papers and added some pearls, some flowers and a lace trim.Hope you continue playing along with us!
Barbara
Week 1 of the Black and White challenge with Luna Girl I chose the Flower Line Art page, I loved the floral images and they were perfect for me to try out a Folded Screen card. I used the Fleur Dis lis border punch for the top of the screen and picked different patterned papers to go along with the flowers. I die cut butterflies out of a scrap of shiny white, buttons and dewdrops from my stash. More pictures on my blog.
Guest-Shelby Pizzarro
Guest- Corinne Marie

 Guest-Corinne Marie
 
 
http://www.lunagirlmoonbeams.com/

I hope you enjoy the next couple of  challenges that The Cheerful Stamp Pad and The Lunagirl Moonbeams are having jointly.  Click on the badge for the Black and White challenge and visit Lunagirl's site with all the wonderful images being used here.
 

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about doing some joint challenges! This one is off to a great start with such gorgeous work by both Design Teams. Black and White is a great theme ~ thanks to Vicki for suggesting it and for inviting Lunagirl to do a shared theme like this! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to be joining with Lunagirl for this challenge - super cards from the rest of the DTs, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards by the design team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to be joining Lunagirl for the next few challenges too, and Vicki I love your card, you used a border punch in a really different way, and it's a totally awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been fun sharing the challenge, looking forward to more. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great black and white samples. Love that you are working with Lunagirl this week. It was fun to play!

    ReplyDelete