Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Greetings

 I am posting a series of Clhristmas Greetings cards for the season and they are for you, my followers and visitors to my blog  who have been so sweet as to leave me encouraging comments about my cards and other projects.  I hope you find one that you really like.
 
This card starts with a white embossed background.  On top of that I placed a doilly from Cheery Lynn Designs in red.  The white scolloped circle is a die cut from Spellbinders.  Down the left side is a strip of green glitter cardstock.  Below the dies is a faux ribbon made from striped designer paper with the red, green and white colors. 
 
I used a Our Daily Bread Designs greeting in the white circle.  To finish off the card, I used flowers and leaves made from Cheeery Lynn's Build-a-Flower.  Even though it doesn't really show, I added glitter to the flowers and leaves to go with the green glitter cardstock as most Christmas cards have glitter or shimmer.
 
I am entering this in  Our Daily Bread Designs'  ODBDSLC133 followiong a sketch and Card Crafters Circle's Challenge 52 "December Celebrations".

7 comments:

  1. Vicki this is just beautiful. Love the colours and all the little finishing touches. Everything works so well together. Hop on over to my blog to partake in my 400 Follower Give Away - thank you so much if you have already participated.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}
    {Doing Life – 400 Follower Give Away}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Vicki, love trditioal Christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki! Love your card, and it is very much similar in ways to what I had in mind as I make my own cards for Christmas this year. I hope to get started on mine today... Kinda late, but the best I can do! The biggest challenge will be just to get them MAILED OUT!! (0; Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous take on the sketch Vicki!! I just love the traditional colors, your take on the sketch, and your use of the doily!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely take on the sketch... the flowers are soo pretty!! thanks for playing along with the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicki this is beautiful!!! LOVE your take on the sketch! The sentiment is perfectly framed with that doily and I love the flowers you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicki, i really like how you have added the elements on this card! Thanks for stopping by Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete