Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas from the Design Team and Challenge #32

The Design Team from The Cheerful Stamp Pad wants to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Joyous Holiday. They have posted one of their Christmas cards for you. Even though this is not a challenge with a "prize", we encourage you to enter one of your Christmas cards below so everyone can spread the "joy" and we can enjoy your card. You may also post your favorite Christmas tag, ATC or other project..
Vicki
I am posting this card to send out my best wishes to everyone this Christmas.  I am thrilled to say that this card became one of the Ginger Gems on the Gingershanp Creations' Raffia challenge.  My unique raffia is red raffia ribbon that I purchased at Michaels.  The image was heat embossed with PK Glitz crystal embossing powder which looks beautiful on black cardstock.
Michele
This Nativity scene came from a Christmas collage sheet from Twisted Papers. I'm sorry to say that the sheet did not identify the artist of this scene but it looks like something from the Italian Renaissance, don't you think? I kept this simple to keep the focus on the holy family. Just some gold and red card stock and some gold stars to represent the star in the east. As we approach Christmas and reflect on why we celebrate, I hope you'll find time to join this challenge.  Merry Christmas!

Petra
This is one of my very favourite Christmas ornaments. The idea and instructions for this little gift came from Stempeleinmaleins. The idea is brilliant and it is so well explained that it is really easy to create. All you need are 12 little cones (paper: Basic Grey), a backing (Kraft card) and an embellishment to decorate it in the front (stamps: Elzybells) - and, of course, some ribbon or thread to hang it somewhere. For this project I chose to keep with earthentone colours and a tartan scheme which went well with the Kraft card and the little blings and glitter.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful and enjoyable Christmas, Petra. x
Barbara
My card features the three wiseman, a stamp from Tim Holtz's collection, stamped and embossed on some wonderful paper from Club Scrap. The star in the corner is cut from some antique gold glitter paper using an older Spellbinders die (one of the first I purchased years ago). The sentiment is from Hero Arts.
This will be my last DT posting on Vicki's wonderful blog. I'm off to follow some personal pursuits that are taking a lot of my attention. I've enjoyed working with Vicki and the great design team, and I've enjoyed visiting the blogs of so many talented artists over the past year.
I'm sending out warm wishes to you all for a wonderful holiday season and for a happy and healthy new year.

Here is Valerie! Warm Christmas wishes from me too!
Challenge #32 - "Merry Christmas"
Take this opportunity to post your favorite Christmas card or project that you created this year.  We would love to see it.  Since postage has gotten so high, use our challenge to post your best wishes for the season.  Also, I would love for you to become a follower of my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Merry Xmas to you Vicki and your wonderful Design Team!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Challenge And Beautiful DT Inspirations! Thanks for letting me play along! Happy Holidays to All!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards ladies, perfectly portraying the Christmas spirit. Happy Christmas to you all. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete