Sunday, November 6, 2011

Challenge # 28 - The First Thanksgiving

The challenge this time is "The First Thanksgiving"  There are so many possibilities.  You can use so many different images.  Just for example, there is the ship, The Mayflower, food, Pilgrims, cornucopia, Indians, corn, and  of course, giving thanks.

Vicki
My card is an easel card.  I chose the turkey as my first image as the wild turkey is what the Pilgrims had.  It is a stamp from Inkadinkadoo and was colored with Copics.  The greeting "Happy Thanksgiving" is a VAP stamp.  The easel card is a very easy card to make using the Scor-Pal scoring tool and it sits up nicely so the main image can be seen at a distance which placed on a table.  The colors I chose for the card and matting were those found in a woods or forest and were compatible to the coloring of the focal image.


Valerie
Hi, Here is Valerie- I have made 2 tags for Thanksgiving. The background of each tag has been distressed with inks and sprays in wild honey, spiced marmalade, barn door and forest moss. The first tag has been decorated with some stamped leaves (stamps from Lavinia) and then with some sack linen, a German scrap, some decorative leaves and the text *Give thanks to the Lord for He is good*. The second one has a similar distressed and stamped background, to which I have added a flower fairy tag, some leaves, and another German scrap. I have printed a Native American and a Pilgrim Father with his child onto transparency foil, and laid them over the background. The text this time is in Hebrew, means *Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, for He loves the world* and is spoken *Hodu L'Adonai ki tov, ki le Olam hasdo*. Here's wishing you all a happy autumn and Thanksgiving!
Petra

It was a good pumpkin year and the last ones are still to be harvested from our allotment! I am always very grateful for this vegatable as it is not only very tasty but also good fun to grow and to play with (lol). The base is a Kraftcard layered with Kaisercraft paper and an image from The Graphics Fairy. Lace, ribbon, flower, bling and wooden leaves come from my stash. The letters are from BoBunny. Thank you for looking!

Michele
I've also made a tag in honor of this special holiday.  My piece is representative of the harvest.  I've got some brown packing material affixed to my tag along with a bit of decorative paper from my stash.  Then I placed a vintage image of squashes and a hand offering a gift of flowers, both from the now-defunct Paula's Kits Club.  A bundle of raffia finishes it off.  It is always good to think of the things you are thankful for and this holiday offers a welcome moment for reflection.

Barbara
I really enjoyed making this card. First I got to use one of my favorite Thanksgiving stamps. It's from Paper Inspirations. I've had it for years and it's wood mounted so I'm not sure it's available any more. I also got to use my Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings die for the side border. The image is colored using Copics. The leaves were colored using Pan Pastels. The image panel and border were adhered to a brown panel and then to a kraft card base. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but then anytime is a good time to be thankful.


5 comments:

  1. Great easel card Vicki!! And I love what your DT have done for this theme too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time linking up, thanks for sharing, all of the examples are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki - Glad I found your blog! Wonderful inspiration! :)

    -pamela
    mybooth96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete