Friday, June 10, 2011

Special Guest Artist

I am thrilled to announce that my special guest for the next two weeks is Valerie-Jael Tups. I am pleased that she accepted my invitation as she creates beautiful works of art.  You will love seeing what she creats.. Below is a little information about her.
Valerie - Guest Artist
I am a retired school teacher. I was born and brought up in London, and studied in Lincoln, Nottingham and London. I have been living in Germany since 1972, although I often feel homesick for my home town.

I spend most of my days painting and crafting, but things like h*******k and I*****g are not quite my thing.

I love stamping, distressing, making mixed media pieces, in general getting sticky and messy.

As a teaser for Vicki's next challenge coming out on Monday I have made a sneak peek.  You will have to come back Monday and see the whole creation.

Other things I have made recently are for example this family canvas
Or this dressform tag. Other things are on my blog, http://bastelmania-craftattack.blogspot.com/

I have used different elements for decorating, as I wanted to give a fairy tale atmosphere - trees flowers, Hänsel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood, owls and birds and butterflies. The trees - made with the TH die cut, have been embossed in copper and silver, and divided up over the tags, as has the *wicked wolf*.

5 comments:

  1. Great to see Valerie here. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing creations by Valerie!! Glad she is your guest designer Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where Valerie goes, you will find me close behind. She definitely inspires me ... fabulous work ... PLUS .. I think she might be a nice person .. :o). Great choice for a guest artist. I'll be coming to visit more often, now that I know you are here. hugs from Mexico, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's such a clever girl! Love the distressed cardboard.

    ReplyDelete