Sunday, June 12, 2011

Challenge # 19 -- A Special Reason

This is a chance to show some of your special cards.  The theme for the challenge for the next two weeks is  "A Special Reason".  What kind of cards can you make?  Here are some ideas - wedding, birth of baby, sympathy, graduation, words of encouragement, with a religious theme or anniversary.  This is just a few ideas, but please NO Birthdays.  I know birthdays are special, but we may be doing them later.

I am thrilled to announce that Our Daily Bread is the sponsor for this challenge.
Kellley at Our Daily Bread Designs started this company because she found that there were not many good choices of religious and spiritual stamps.

She designs and manufactures her own line of spiritual rubber stamps.   Our Daily Bread Designs also carries a wide variety of designer papers and products to assist you in your card making, scrapbooking and crafting.  You can find her site by clicking the logo above.

Now, look below at the samples of the Design Team.
Vicki
I did not have any stamps from Our Daily Bread, but I have ordered some of their 3D sheets.  I put in my order too late to show them here, but I hope to later this week.   I can't wait to use them.  In the meantime my card  is  either a synpathy (which I have someone I need to send it to) or for someone who has been recently baptized. 

I decided to go with mainly black and white.  I feel that the black and white really shows up my main image better since it is colored with Copics.  The beautiful rose is from McMahon Five Designs.  The verse is  a d digital from Sweet and Sassy.
                                                 
Michele
Before this challenge I had never used any stamps from Our Daily Bread but I checked out their website and ordered a set of stamps with quotes by Mother Teresa. I am inspired by Mother Teresa so I was delighted to receive this high quality stamp set which included several quotes and also a lotus flower stamp. My card is meant as an encouragement. I kept it very simple. I made my background by spritzing watercolor jewels by Stamp Zia. I got extra dimension by using a paper towel to dry the watercolors rather than letting them air dry. I colored the stamps with markers rather than ink so that I could use multiple colors on the flower. I affixed all of that to some nice textured card stock. We always need cards for special times -- I hope this challenge inspires many of you to get some special occasion cards made before you actually need them!
Petra
On Your Wedding Day
Being in the middle of making the wedding invitations for my daughter's wedding this year, it just had to be a card for a wedding! I layered an A6 vanilla coloured plain card with paper from Prima Marketing and Webster's Pages and attached the paper with some machine sewing to the base. Unfortuantely I cannot remember where the image is from, I had it in my stash like the piece of lace. For the heart I cut it from thick cardboard, covered it in VersaMagic ink, glitter glue and loose glitter. The words (stamps: Eline Pellinkhof) are stamped on little jewellery tags.

Barbara
New Baby
For my card I used Noah's Ark from Our Daily Bread Designs to create an card for a new baby. I stamped the image with Stazon on one side of a piece of acetate. Then I flipped the acetate over and painted it on the back with my Creative Inspirations Paints. When the paints were dry, I flipped back and stamped the sentiment on the front with Stazon. The panel behind the acetate was embossed on the top and on the bottom using two different embossing folders to give the look of clouds and water. The embossings were highlighted using perfect pearls. I connected the acetate to the back panel using small brads. This whole usit was adhered to the base card. I hope you join us in this challenge. Special occasion cards are always needed.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Now I need to go off into my corner and think of something special! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme for your new challenge! Love the DT cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful samples, my goodness your challenge has grown with leaps and bounds, Congrats Vicki on your success!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful cards for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops...the collection is closed. I discovered this challenge too late! WOnderful DT creations, great linked submissions too :)

    ReplyDelete