Friday, April 16, 2010

A "Geek" Flower

While working on my entries for the Gingersnap Creations Flower Art Swap, I decided to make one of mine a "Geek" flower.  I don't have many stamps with any particular theme with the exception of my Artistic Outpost stamps.  This flower is also my entry Ink on My Fingers Blog Candy Challenge.

I began by distress-ing the edges of the flower with a mustard colored ink from Stampin' Up.  After that, I gave the background a little intetest by dabbing yellow, orange, and light red ink through sequin waste.  The stamped images were stamped with Stampin' Up's pumpkin pie ink. 

Since this was a geek flower I just had to put on a piece of a transistor, the trademark of a geek. This was out of one of those cell phones we had been hording for the past 15 years.  At least I will be getting rid of that much!

The next flower I add to the bouquet will be  a more conventional one.

3 comments:

  1. This is so fab...loving the transistor bit... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the flower! Geeks bloom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the transistor bit too! and the other flowers is also great

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete