While working on my entries for the Gingersnap Creations Flower Art Swap, I decided to make one of mine a "Geek" flower. I don't have many stamps with any particular theme with the exception of my Artistic Outpost stamps. This flower is also my entry Ink on My Fingers Blog Candy Challenge.
I began by distress-ing the edges of the flower with a mustard colored ink from Stampin' Up. After that, I gave the background a little intetest by dabbing yellow, orange, and light red ink through sequin waste. The stamped images were stamped with Stampin' Up's pumpkin pie ink.
Since this was a geek flower I just had to put on a piece of a transistor, the trademark of a geek. This was out of one of those cell phones we had been hording for the past 15 years. At least I will be getting rid of that much!
The next flower I add to the bouquet will be a more conventional one.