Thursday, June 11, 2015

Let's Travel

If you are wondering what happened to the collaboration of Lunagirl challenges with those on The Cheerful Stamp Pad, it is because Karen of Lunagirl is on vacation and after arriving she discovered she had limited internet service.  They will continue when she returns.

Now let's see what the Design Team created for the second week of "Travel to Faraway Places".
Vicki
I took a post card image from Lunagirl and added some travel images and then embellished with an "Explore" sticker.
Vee
For week two of out challenge I made an oriental card using an image from Lunagirl's Far East Travel collage sheet, Spellbinder dies, red satin ribbon and oriental metal coins.
Hazel
I've used three images from the Memories of Paris digiral collage sheet, kindly given by Lunagirl, sponsor of the challenge. Papers, including the cut out of the Eiffel tower, are My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Madison Avenue. Papermania ribbon and various flowers. Everything mounted on to a sideways opening A5 card.
Michele
For week two of the "travel to faraway places" challenge I've made a  4x6 postcard featuring a young girl traveling across Europe.  All of the vintage images are from our challenge sponsor Lunagirl.  I started with the 4x6 cardboard base and arranged images from the Lunagirl collage sheets including "maps," "dreams of Paris," "scenes from Europe," "carte postale" and "steampunk girls."  I think there are 7 images used here altogether!  I also used washi tapes, prima flowers and some die cuts from a travel set I had in my stash.  I hope you enjoy this postcard and that you will also be inspired to join our challenge -- one more week to go! 
Barbara
I couldn't resist using one more picture from the Lunagirl Paris collage page and I made it into an artist trading card. The backing is a brown scrap and the gold is also a scrap, Memories sentiment is trimmed from the title of the collage.
Barbara (2nd one)
I figured out how to cut a section from the collage page, guess you are never to old to learn something. I used the  Lunagirl World collage page and chose the London map, I have had Tim Holtz Visual Artistry clear stamps for at least 5 years and I thought they went really well with the map. I am quite pleased with how it came out. I put all the stamps on my "new to me" Fiskers stamp press and it lined up beautifully and straight.
Karla
For the second week of Travelling to distant places, I made a card using a lovely image from Lunagirl Moonbeams. It is a magical landscape. The sentiment is from the internet and I also added some pearls, a flower and a bottle cap. Keep playing along with us and have an inspiring weekend

                                                                         __________

Don't forget to visit the Lunagirl site and see all the beautiful images she carries.

Remember you can go directly to the challenge announcement at the top of my blog.  Please limit entries to two.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work with the travel theme! I love how everyone has used these images to create so many gorgeous cards. I'm glad to be sponsoring! (and I'm back, btw!) ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete