Sunday, January 19, 2014

Challenge #78- "A Snowy Day"

In Tennessee it has really been cold, but very little snow has fallen so I have made this challenge "A Snowy Day".  I hope everyone will have fun with this challenge.  You may either use a stamped image or a digital.  The choice is yours.  Here is how the Design Team used the theme.
Vicki
I used an image from my sponsor Vintage Image Craft for this card.   I is a very simply made card with lace trim that looks like tiny snowflakes.  A few stick-on letters make the sentiment and a brass-looking flower finishes the card.  The nice thing about this card is that it can be used for a number of purposes: a note of encouragement, a get well, or even a missing you card.

 Hazel 
I have used an image kindly supplied by Vintage Image Crafts on their facebook page - mounting on to a shaped piece of patterned card that was then matted on to a pearlescent card blank. The glittered layered snowflake and holly are from an old Anna Griffin kit and the knotted ribbon is almost the last piece of some that I've loved using.

Sadly, below is Krisha's last post as a Design Team member of The Cheerful Stamp Pad.  I will miss posting her beautiful creations each week.  She  has been a faithful member and I will miss her.

Krisha
For challenge #78- a snowy day I decided to do a small hanging using a Victorian image From Vintage Image Crafts.  I used a piece of chip board and ran modeling past through a stencil.  Next was a good coat of Gesso.  I used my Gelatos for the coloring of the background, spritzing with water to get it down in the stencil grooves.  Once that was dry I sanded the high spots with a large, fine fingernail file, then dry brushed the edges with Gesso. The image was attached with brads at the corners.  Along the edges (see the shiny parts) is Sugar Dust, which is what I also coated the snowflakes with.
 
Barbara
For the first week of the challenge I picked this sweet scene from Vintage Image Craft on Facebook. I made it into an ATC (artist trading card) Added a bit of ribbon and a few snowflakes for embellishments.
 This image from our generous sponsor Vintage Image Craft caught my eye! I like the simplicity & the brown coat against the grey-blue sky, all framed in rich cream. I decided to keep my little card simple by creating a snowy background with Versamagic & a Chiswik background stamp. The image was layered and some diamond Stickles were added to simulate some more snow. Hope you'll show us some of your vintage snow creations!
Petra
 This is a little pendant using one of the adorable Vintage Image Craft images as focal point. Its edges are slightly distressed with archival ink potted soil and layered on some hessian and patterend paper. The pendant is adorned with some wollen lace, a little bow and a paper snowflake.
-------------------------
                                                     


Thanks to Vintage Image Craft for sponsoring this challenge.  They have a very popular card-making e-book "Ten Vintage Valentine Greetings to Make." This 41-page e-book is the second e-book of our series, "Cards with a Past." Each e-book is published in a convenient, high-quality PDF file format. You download it to your computer, for reading or printing. The vintage images included are high-resolution, in pre-sized format, ready to print at a copy center or on your home ink-jet printer! The 10 cards featured are VIC Exclusive designs, all based on colorful remnants of Victorian Valentine greeting cards and decorations. Every card teaches a different paper-craft technique!
Link: http://store.vintageimagecraft.com/Ten-Vintage-Valentine-Greetings-to-Make.html  Go to the link and see if you would like to use this for your Valentine cards.


2 comments: