Sunday, December 8, 2013

Challenge #75-"Signs of Christmas"

Where has the time gone?  It is almost Christmas, I haven't finished shopping, made all my cards, cleaned house, nor made any cookies!  It is time to look around and see the signs of Christmas.  Below are some creations by the Design Team.
Vicki
My image and sentiment from Vintage Image Craft is actually one image which I cut apart.  I made a piece of designer cardstock look like a ribbon and placed the sentiment on it.

Krisha
I chose this wonderful Santa and his pack of toys to make this tag.  The tag is out of designer paper of snow flakes, and had been dry embossed with a snow flake folder.  I added some blue ribbon buntings at the bottom and scattered blue, light blue and silver snowflakes around the tag.
Michele
What a gorgeous vintage Santa image which was made available on the Vintage Image Craft Facebook page.  I used 2 coordinating designer papers, some decorative ribbon trim and a vibrant winter flower to create this card.  I love a challenge which also helps me to get things done on my "to do" list -- making Christmas cards! I hope it will help you too!
Barbara
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas except no snow yet. This gorgeous image I got from Vintage Image Craft on Facebook, who can resist a really great Santa. I printed it full size and layered it with Old Olive I then added a piece of patterned paper and ribbon. I didn't want to clutter it up I wanted the image as the focus.
My card depict the snow that is often a sign of Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere.  I kept the colours simple to go with the pretty vintage image from our sponsor.  A touch of gold thread & pastel crayon makes it more festive.
Petra
A Christmas ornament with a wonderful Santa image from our sponsor Vintage Image Craft. I die-cut a big snowflake, glittered it with Stickles and then used patterned paper to layer the Santa image. A little stamped sentiment, some little blings and bow is all I added to the ornament.
Hazel
For this card I've used the lovely Vintage Image Craft ' 'mistletoe ensemble' image. For the background I secured some vellum on to gold mirror card with brads and added an Anna Griffin sentiment panel, all mounted on to a red card blank to use traditional Christmas colours of red, green and gold. This was based on the sketch given for Moving along with the times: time to get sketchy.


VintageImagecraft.com
 
Vintage Image Craft has graciously consented to sponsor this challenge.  Please drop by their site for a visit.  Click on the banner above.

3 comments:

  1. Great choice of image, Vicki and love how you separated it - super card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations DT, I love the Vintage images!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your design team samples are beautifully created. I love the vintage images that they worked with...wonderful! Thanks for the "signs of Christmas" challenge. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete