Sunday, June 10, 2012

Challenge #45 -"In the Garden"

"In the Garden" .is my theme for the next couple of weeks.  The Design Team has given you a couple of pieces as inspiration.  Now it is your turn.
Vicki
I used one of Digi Darla's garden images.  She has quite a few of them available on her site.  I placed the image, colored with Copic markers, on a number of green-blue pieces of designer paper.  I like mixing my background papers and it gives me a chance to use up some of my scraps.  The sentiment was computer generated.
I colored my sweet image with a combination of Copics, Prismacolor pencils, and mineral spirits. DP is from My Mind's Eye and sentiment is a sticker from SRM Stickers. I added a little butterfly from Oriental Trading Company.

Sharon
I've used a part of a cute Digi Darla image for my little square card along with some patterned papers from Basic Grey. The flower has been die cut from the same pad of papers along with the leaves and a little gem added to the centre. Image is coloured with Copic Markers.
Tricia
I colored the butterfly with copics. The small butterflies are done with the splash and stick technique. I used a technique called Antique Glimmers on the background. I just love seeing butterfly's in the garden and this one from Digi Darla is one of my favorites.

Valerie
Hi you all. Today's theme is *in the garden* and Digi Darla is sponsoring us. I have made an aperture card. The little lady on the front is from Free Vintage Digis. Behi8nd the aperture I have used a stamp from LaBlanche, stamped with archival black and coloured with water-colour pencils. The bird is also a free vintage image. The dragonfly is from Diane, who kindly sent me some of her wonderful makes!
Thanks for looking, and have a good week!

Digi Darla

If you are interested in some cute, but inexpensive digitals, you need to visit Digi Darla Digital Stamps.  Just click on the picture of the three penquis above for a quick trip to the site.  I am so please to have them sponsor my challenge for the next two weeks.

11 comments:

  1. What a great challenge to get us going this morning. Wonderful examples from the dt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous samples from everyone! Can't wait to see what you all do with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the creations from DT team!!! This is my first scrapbook challenge. I usually enter cards. I hope it is OK. I wasn't sure if I had to use a stamp in it or not. It is butterflies, with flowers and leaves; which to me is all about a flower garden. Thanks for the challenge. I love this blog!! Have a super day!! Gloria Shirr

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki
    There is a surprise for you at my blog.
    You've won my digital collage sheet with Vintage Pin Up Playing cards.
    Can you please contact me ?

    hugsss Rian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun theme- love the DT inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a fab lot of cards displayed...lovely for the inspirational factor..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABulous inspiration from the Designers! Thank you for a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the challenge and great work DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What amazing work by the DT!! Thanks for the lovely challenge ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete