Sunday, January 15, 2012

Challenge #33 - "Let it Snow"

Happy New Year everyone! My new Design Team is starting off the new year right with a familiar theme. "Let it Snow" They are showcasing some great images from Dezinaworld. The images are from a newly released sheet. Aren't they beautiful?

Vicki
I thought this was the perfect image for a wall hanging.  My picture doesn't show it, but the canvass is completely covered with lace.  I first made a wash of Gesso and acrylic paint and then applied the image.  Afterwards,  I completely covered the background with lace.  The word "snow" was from an embellishment that I found at Wal-Mart.  It was a border, but I cut it apart and used on the word with a couple of snowflakes. 

The flower is made with a Tim Holtz die and was cut partially from glitter paper and partially from blue cardstock.  Behind the flower are some blue and silver ribbon loops.  Finally I finished the wall hanging with just a couple of snowflakes cut from glitter paper.
..................................................................
Sharon
I've altered a drink coaster with Gesso and paint and stippled blue paint through some sequin cut out to make the background look like snowflakes. I used some textured pink paper and little "Winter Wonderland" tab also from Dezinaworld plus some pink braid to make a little hanger and finish off the bottom.
..................................................................
Petra
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a very good start into the New Year! I had the pleasure to play with some wonderful images from Dezinaworld, this month's sponsor at the Cheerful Stamp Pad. These two girls look so sweet together with snowflakes swirling around them. To continue the snowflake theme I used a 'giant' cardboard snowflake as base. It is glittered with Stickles Star Dust and layered with musical note paper (Kaisercraft), a little rosette made of crepe paper and the image which I glittered around the edge with Stickles as well. The final touches are some blings and a printed sentiment on some patterned paper (CosmoCricket) cut with Nestabilities labels.
 ..................................................................
Living in northern Michigan's snowbelt, I love to decorate with snow items after the Christmas decor comes down.  I wanted something I could hang on a pegboard so I came up with this little piece.
First I cut the frame out of chipboard using my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot program.  I painted it white, added crackle paint and sparkly Stickles.  I then cut acetate snowflakes which I pounced pearl alcohol ink over.  I attached them to the frame using 3-D ScrapDots.  The large snowflake has a clear gem in the middle and all the flakes have Liquid Pearl details.  The photo was printed on cardstock, matted and placed behind acetate.  I stamped "Snow" on top of the acetate and finished with a beaded hanger.
..................................................................
Michele
I love Dezinaworld images and there is such a great variety of treats to choose for your art.  I loved the pinks in this image so I set it off with pink and silver papers from the Paper Temptress.  I kept it simple since this lovely image is so special.
..................................................................
Hi - I'm Jenn, and I decided to stick with the "Let it Snow" Christmas carol as my theme, so I used some musical DP from My Mind's Eye.  I printed my sentiment and image on Very Vanilla cardstock and roughed them up with brown ink and Log Cabin Smooch Spritz to maintain that vintage look.  Vintage brads were the final touch.
..................................................................
Dezinaworld

I am thrilled to have Dezinaworld as my sponsor for my  first challenge in 2012.  The majority of the images that the Design Team has used in the above creations are from the image sheet that they just released.  Go to their site and check out all of their wonderful images.  I am sure you will find something there that is perfect for your next project.  They  will be furnishing a very nice prize for the winning entry which will be chosen by the random generator.


5 comments:

  1. Your work is gorgeous!! My favorite is the first one (the blue one) SO pretty! Happy New Year! Buster the cat says thank you for stopping by and commenting on "his" blog post!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations from the DT! Hope you are having a wonderful "2012."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is staying up, but since I design for Deziaworld, I felt I should comment here too!! You team's work is amazing!! I love their work!! Thank you for supporting Dezinaworld!!
    Now, Your ATC from you next post is totally awesome! I love ATC's. I wish I had more time to make more of them!!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  5. All fantastic projects by the DT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete