Friday, September 16, 2011

Steampunk Tag

I haven't worked with many tags lately so I thought I would create one today.  This is a little on the steampunk side.  The main image is by Octopode Facotry and the bird is by Stampotique.  This tag was done for the Gingersnap  Creations' Spicy Supply Challenge "Crimpers".  I had to dig deep into one of my stash drawers to find my crimper as it has been ages since I have used it.  The green scrape of paper is what I used my crimper on.  I think is adds a lot to my tag.  Additional embellishments used are a couple of Bingo tokens, a small dimensional flower and an old type hook and some rafia.

Below the picture of the whole tag is a closeup of the main image which I colored with Copic markers.

15 comments:

  1. Vicki this is a great tag!!! You are right the crimping does add to the tag and love that Octopode image!!! Cute little bird too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I love how you colored your steampunk gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun tag- the crimped area really adds good color to your tag. Fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag Vicki !!!

    Lillian
    http://www.canadianscraptramp.blogspot.com/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mixedmediaart/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super tag, love the bird perched on her head, great fun. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo much fun, Vicki! Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations crimper challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun steampunk tag! The crimper adds great texture. Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki! Congratulations on your tag being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Gingersnap Creations Spicy Supply Challenge!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Vicki! Congrats on being chosen GG!

    ReplyDelete