Monday, April 25, 2011

More Inspiration for You

Petra and I have posted a little more inspiration for you on the present challenge.  You still have a week to enter "There is a Man in My Life".
Vicki
My project this time was to made an arch as there were a number of challenges I also wanted to enter.  The main image is from Moonlight Journey. my sponsor for this challenge.  This is one of many images of men they carry.  I distressed all of the paper.  The background paper was distress in walnut and the forground was done in brick.  I used the wrinkle-free distressing method.  The bird is a Tim Holtz die and I highlighted the embossing that was done on the bird.  To give it a steampunk touch, I used one of the Moonlight Journey's butterfly images.  The stars are part of the designer paper.

I am also entering this into challenges at Studio L3, Gothic Arches, and Simon Stamp and Show.


Petra
A very good friend of mine has birthday very soon. He is a very enthusiastic glider and vintage aircraft pilot. This stamp from Artemio is just perfect! The base is a square Kraftcard layered with patterend paper. The edges of all layers are slightly distressed with Walnut Stain Distress ink. For the aircraft scene I first stamped the background in Bundled Sage and Pumice Stone Distress ink and then the aircraft with Walnut Stain Distress ink. The sentiment is from Kaisercraft and layered on patterend paper. The finishing touches are some eyelets, some thread and a little heart button.

6 comments:

  1. The arch is great - very quirky and fun. Fabulous card too - lovely work all round!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous art Vicki and Petra! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both yours and Petra's creations ! Love the arch - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ARCH is awesome and what a great "man" image!! But I think my fave is your card....JUST FABULOUS!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both the arch project and the airplane card...ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything on your blog - such beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete