Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Challenge # 9 - "Let's Relax"

This post will stay at the top as long as this challenge is running.  Please scroll down for newer posts.

Now that most of my computer problems have been solved (I  hope) I am  posting my newest challenge.  The theme is "Let's Relax".  I thought this would be the perfect theme after having a hectic holiday and computer problems.

Each of us has a different way to relax.  Some go to the gym and exercise, others get on a bike and ride,  and others read, stretch across the bed for a nap, or even sit down in one's craft room.  I would love to see what you do to relax.

My sponsor for this challenge is Rogue Redhead Designs.  Sharon Briss of  Rogue Redhead Designs is offering a number of  stamps from her first plate.
Rogue Redhead Stamps
Sharon Briss
Below are some inspirations from the Design Team for this challenge.
Vicki
 My husband got a Kindle for Christmas and I an Ipad so we are both trying to do a little more reading even if it is electronically.  Going into the world of others is a great form of relaxation.  It is something you can do without disturbing others too.

My card uses Antique Wallpaper technique for the background.  Stamps are from Rogue Redhead Designs.  Coloring was done with Copics.
Barbara
There's nothing I find more relaxing than sitting by a large body of water and listening to the waves hit the shore. Just typing that idea brings a smile to my face. I have to admit, that I don't get much of a chance to sit by the sea. I live in Chicago, in the heart of the midwest. However, we do have Lake Michigan which has its own relaxing beauty. For my card I used an image and sentiment from the Artistic Outpost stamp set Beyond the sea. I tried to keep with sea type colors and the background is embossed with swirls, reminding me of the waves. I guess I'll have to stick to stamping images of the sea for a while, at least until the snow melts.
Krisha
So the holidays are now over and this is just how I feel. I don't think I have moved much since New Year's Eve. Stamped image is from Red Rubber Romance, done with paper piecing. Sentiments are PC generated. All I can say is thank goodness it is an other 11 months before we do it all over again! LOL

NOTE: The winner will be posted near the top on my sidebar for all future challenges
Let's Relax Challenge Requirements

13 comments:

  1. Lovely examples from the DT and all so different. Brill. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have the stamps and really hope to play this time around! Awesome challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great samples, and glad the holidays are over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work by the dt. Glad your computer issues are resolved, I know how frustrating that can be. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgous samples and a wonderful challenge. relaxing is a good idea! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs, but did Krisha make me laugh!!! Oh your computer has been down, I was wondering why I have not seen you around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first challenge here. Thanks for inspiration.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your computer problems are over, I sympathize. My first challenge here, love your blog, look forward to playing some more.Love this set of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful creations ladies!
    I had fun with this one, thanks for a great challenge!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely challenge! I will be back to spend some time visiting your posts and have signed on as a follower. Happy I've followed you over from Bella Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know why I did not think about coffee being relaxing! This one flew right by me and maybe you! I drink coffee to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Was sitting here relaxing,drinking coffee and bloghopping,I'm wondering what day you post your winners so that I can call by and congratulate them.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for replying,I'm usually dreadful at checking back to see how I've done in challenges. Not sure I'll be able to enter the valentine challenge but will be back to play when I get the chance. Thanks for the great challenge last week,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete