Monday, January 7, 2013

Challenges are Back

The Cheerful Stamp Pad is excited that challeges are back.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year and now is the time to start back crafting.  The DT has been on a well-deserved break and they are really to get back into the swing of things.

My first challenge for 2013 is Challenge #51 "White as Snow".  The background must be white, but we will allow a little color on the image.  For those of you who are entering my challenges for the first time the rules are mainly like those of other bloggers. You must follow the theme, no backlinking to previous posts, and you MUST link to the post that has your entry and not to the blog itself.  It is too time consuming to have to look and try to find your entry post.

The winner is chosen by the random generator.  However, I do something that most bloggers do not do and that is I notify the winner so hopefully there is a "Contact Me" or "Email" on your blog.  Once I let you know that you have won, please reply promptly as you have four days to reply.  After that I use the random generator again and pick another winner.  If the second winner has been notified, the prior one cannot claim the prize.  I also post the winner and her entry on my sidebar.  I try to do this by the Tuesday after the challenge closes.  Now the most important thing is to have fun!

My sponsor for this challenge is Classy Cards and Such.
 Beverly is the owner of Classy Cards and Such.  She is offering a $10 gift certificate to the winner of this challenge.   She has the new release from Memory Box/PoppyStamps coming in.  . It's a big release.  She also carries dies from Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn Designs, Memory Box as well as from other companies.

In the Classy Cards and Such carries a wide assortment of glitter, embossing folders, stamps, inks, paper and bling.  You will have to check her store out as there are so many items to put on your "must havet" list..  Shipping?  Well, she is fast!  It is to you in a couple of days....no waiting for your order!

Now let's see what the Design Team has created.




 Vicki
 My card uses two stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The bird and sentiment are stamped on a Spellbinders die  Another die was used for the flower.  Other embellishments include  leaves and an ornate corner made from Cheery Lynn Designs dies.  Also added are a couple of rows of lace and a string of pearls.  Pearls were also added to the center of the flower.

This card was also made for Cheery Lynn Designs' challenge "Winter White" and Our Daily Bread Designs' challenge "Anything Goes".

Don't forget to drop by and see my sponsor below as she carries many of the products I used.

 
Sharon
My card uses an image from itKuPiLLi along with white and pink textured papers, die cut lattice window, lace and felt flower. White always looks great and i couldn't resist adding some pink on this card to compliment the image.

Rene :
 I really like to play with just white - it gives you the chance to play with textures and white embellishments. My card is simple with embossing, some ribbon and lace and a touch of bling from my Gelly Roll.
Petra


A White Wedding
I layered white pearlescent and white corrugated card on a square blank card. Lace and ribbon mark the middle of the card. The wonderful lacey paper wreath has been cut with a Memory Box die which I embellished with paper flowers and lots of blings. The focal point is a handcut embossed paper heart and adorned with heart blings. The sentiment is stamped and heat-embossed in gold to give it this little extra special feel.

Valerie
I have used different shades of white for the card, background panel, lace, embossed panel and the bird, which has been glittered with Viva glitter liner. Hope you have all got off to a good start in the new year!

Michele
I'm excited for a new year of challenges here at the Cheerful Stamp Pad! For

8 comments:

  1. Love all the DT inspiration!! Glad the challenges are back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Vicki!! Glad to see the challenges are back. I may not leave you a little message EACH time I stop by, but there is still that spot in my heart for your blog.
    Love al the DT cards, and their inspiration just might have me playing in this challenge. I need to get back into some challenges again now that it is a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What stunning cards Vicki!! I just love all the clean white and sheer elegance!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the challenges are back!
    Wow, the DT did a great job!
    Vicky, you card is really pretty...love the flower with the pearls!!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and I like the pearls that you used along the bottom. Thank you very much for joining us this week at Cheery Lynn Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards and inspiration.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the texture on your card. thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Vicki -I am a first time poster - I am not sure if my cards #17 and #18 fit the bill - if not I understand and go ahead and delete them or do not count them. Please clarify on your rule for back linking as it was explained to me that back linking is posting a creation that was posted on your blog BEFORE the challenge began, but I know that some blog have a different policy than that definition - some want you to post your card within a 24 hour period - I do not want to break any of your policies - so if you can email me and let me know I will put a note of that on my spreadsheet - thank you very much and have a wonderful day. utb 01 @ att.net no spaces for the email.

    ReplyDelete