Sunday, May 4, 2014

Second Week for Challenge #85

I hope you are having fun with my challenges.  If you have not yet entered this week's challenge of "Use Embossing Powder", the Design Team would love to have you enter.  You have until Sunday midnight.  For the shortcut to the challenge's original post, just click on the link on my sidebar

This week's selection of inspiration is special as I have a Guest Designer joining the Design Team.
She is Julie Odil.
Julie Odil
First, I want to thank Vicki and the rest of the team for giving me this opportunity to guest design for The Cheerful Stamp Pad.  It's a great opportunity!  I love to stamp and make cards, so this is great fun for me!
 
The current challenge is "use embossing powder", so I got busy with a resist technique and made this card.
 
I used clear embossing powder with white cardstock, then a variety of Tim Holtz distress inks to bring out the image.  The stamp is from Unity Stamp Company.  I used the same technique on the sentiment, from the same kit from Unity Stamp Company, called "May Hope Sustain You."
I'm lucky enough to be able to design for The Cheerful Stamp Pad for two weeks, so I'll be back again next week!
Vicki
It just happened that this red rose paper was on my desk so I decided the best way to get it off the desk was to use it.  Since the designer paper was shades of red, I used a card base of red cardstock.  My embossing was used on the flower scroll work.  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs and the little red bow completes the card.
Michele
Embossing really makes an image pop.  It also makes your stamped images shiny though that doesn't show so well on the scan here.  My focal stamped image is by Rogue Redhead Designs and the card design is from the April sketch on the Rogue Redhead Facebook page.  My coordinating papers and the sentiment are from the "Reminisce Spring" Creative Memories paper pack.
 


 Hazel
I used one of my favourite stamps 'gracious lady' by Hero Arts, inking with memento tuxedo black and colouring with spectrum noir alcohol pens. I then swiped the whole stamped image with versamark and using clear embossing powder I triple embossed it. It is much glossier than it looks in the photos. I matted the image on to a feather and then on to the spotted paper to go inside the 'box' piece of the card. The box folds flat for postage as seen in the third picture (paperclips just to hold it for the photo).
Barbara
One day I got an email from one of my favourite blogs and the card was just gorgeous and I just had to try it since I had all the things to do it with, well I had the Secret Garden stamp set from Stampin'up but the matching dies are in that safe place we all have so I stamped with versamark watermark embossed with the pewter embossing powder and coloured with the SU markers on the back and of course instead of die cutting them I fussy cut them. I love the way the flowers look on the gorgeous crocheted mat given to me by my friend Jessi.
Petra
I stamped a little butterfly from CraftyIndividuals with VersaMagic Red Brick ink and embossed it with Clear Gloss embossing powder from WOW. After cutting it out I coloured it with Copics. The magic of the embossing is that the colour does not run but it contained amongst the embossed lines. I love this process. Once the butterfly had its colour and blings I mounted it on a little tag and some design paer from Echo Park. The finishing touches are a little ribbon and a stamped sentiment (Waltzing Mouse).
Karla
Since I couldn’t  contribute last week, I decided to make 3 different cards, using embossing powder. I simply loved the effects. My first card is almost a tribute to Pablo Neruda. But above all, it is a love card. My second card can be used as an invitation for a tea party and my last card can be a bookmark too. The first two stamped images are from a Brazilian designer but the last one belongs to Clear Stamp. I used a grayish lead color embossed powder.Love the elegance created by embossing powders! Hope you all have a magical week!
 
 
 

stamponit.net
 
 
 Click on the logo above and visit the Stamp On It store and please thank them for their sponsorship of this challenge.  They are the great suppliers of the super fine embossing powder.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful design from our guest and you, Vicki, and the rest of the team xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great eye candy form your guest and from the DT. Love them all.
    Had a good chuckle about the rose paper, haven't we all done the same thing?

    ReplyDelete