Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bathing Beauties

Here are some additional cards and a tag using the theme "Bathing Beauties" from Lunagirl Moonbeans. Their challenge will end in seven and one-half days, so look through your stash of images and stamps for some bathing beauties and enter.  You still have plenty of time and the winner will receive one of the wonderful collage sheets from Karen's site.
This card was very simple to make.  I let my designer paper do all the work. It show the ocean in the background, the sand and a windbreaker fence on the beach.  My sentiment is "Laughter is an instant vacation" by Melton Berle.  I found it in the Quote Garden on the net.  I like the simplicity of this card. 
This card shows more of my personality.  The background is an old paperback book on which I cleaned my brayer of acrylic paint when I used my Gelli Plate.  I then tore the edges of my Lunagirl image, distress the edges with cranberry ink.  Finally I added the little acrylic fish around and on top of her to give you the feel that she was underwater.
 
Finally, my tag uses a Lunagirl image also  The blue background on the tag is another piece of a book page that I used to clean my brayer.  This time I printed my image and the lottery sheet on grey paper to give it a little of distressed look.  I torn the image out, but did not do any highlighting or distressing since the grey color came forward on the tear.  A couple of stones finishes the tag.

3 comments:

  1. love all 3. I do plan to enter something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are just great Vickie, love the re-cycled background, but the tag is my favorite, I think ........oh,tooo close to call

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab vintage cards Vicki! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete