Thursday, February 23, 2012

Challenge #36 - "Happy Birthday"

This post will stay at the top as long as the challenge is running.  Please scroll down to see more current posts.

Is it your birthday?  It is not mine; nor do I think it is one of my team member's.  However, you always need to have a birthday card on hand to send when a friend has a birthday.  Therefore, we are going to help you out by asking you to make a birthday card for the challenge this time.  It can be a classy card, a funny card or even a belated birthday card.  Just think by entering this challenge you will be prepared for the next birthday.

Oops!  I just found out it is Michele's birthday.  She is one of my DT members.  So Happy Birthday Michele.  Consider all the entries in this challenge your birthday cards!
Vicki
My birthday uses one of the Clear Dollar Stamps' digital stamps.  I colored my basket image with Copic markers,  I used an bought flower embellishmnent and attached a button as the center.  For my "Celebrate" sentiment, I attached an acrylic sentiment.

I am also entering this in  The Crafty Pad's challenge "B".
Jenn
I made this birthday card for my April baby, my daughter Cassidy. She'll be 17 on April 22. I love this set from Clear Dollar Stamps with the daisies, the script, and several words stamps including "April" - small nymph digi image is from Michelle Perkett Studio.

                                      
Sharon

I've used a fantastic Eclectic Cat Design from Clear Dollar Stamps to make this "bright" Birthday Card along with a matching sentiment. The "splotchy" background paper was made with crayon shavings & greaseproof paper. Happy Birthday!!!

                                                    
Valerie
Hello you all, Valerie here. I have made a birthday card using a lovely stamp, but I don't know who made it! I have made it for a little girl who loves blue and bling, so think this should be ideal. After stamping, I coloured her with water-colour pencils. I added matching ribbon to her dress and the parcel, and some lace to the hem of her dress.  

                                             
Cindy

What a fun theme for this challenge! Birthday cards are always on my "To Do" creative list, so it was a delight to select some lovely digital images from our sponsor, Clear Dollar Stamps.
For my birthday card, I chose the "Teariffic" set. Usually when I work with digis, I use watercolor pencils and my waterpen. But it was time to change it up! To color this card, I used acetate and alcohol inks and I love the glossy look of it. The rose in the upper right is lifted off the card with foam tape. I added stitching, lace and pearls to complete the dainty details.
Petra
A Little Birthday Ornament - I love such little ornaments because they can always be used as toppers for cards or added to presents or boxes or .... The focal point a lovely little Pansy, a digital image from this month's sponsor 'Clear Dollar Stamps' which I coloured with Copics and then 'fuzzy' cut. The frame is cut in several layers with a Tim Holtz Alteration diecut. The final embellishments are a stamped sentiment from Elzybells, some blings and a little bow. Happy Birthday to everyone!

Michele
The Clear Dollar Stamp "Patchwork" sentiments digis called for the Technique Junkies "Patchwork" technique!  I did the patchwork design on the digi and then used some festive designer paper as a background.  And as it turns out it IS my birthday -- or it was on the 12th.  Me and Abe Lincoln.  Hope you'll join the challenge.


Clear Dollar Stamps has graciously offered to be my sponsor this time.  They have a great choice of clear and digitals stamps.  Many of them have multiple messages along with the image to give you a choice of sentiments.  To the winner, who will be selected by random generator, goes a $15.00 gift code for purchases on the site.  This is a great prize so let's sing "Happy Birthday".


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the chance to play along :) Fab cards and projects from the DT!!
    Fiona L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great range of projects! Hope we get lots of players for this fun challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards by the DT & entries so far! Thanks for letting me play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of DT cards. Yours is perfect for our challenge at The Crafty Pad, thanks for sharing. :)

    Debbiexx The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I step into a time machine - your post is dated Feb. 26, 2102 and my calendar says Feb. 19, 2012 - an out of body experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome stuff Vicki.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete