Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanksgiving Inspirations

Here are some additional inspirations for your "First Thanksgiving" entries.  We are looking forward to see what you create.
Vicki
When I think of the Pilgrims, I think of simplicity.  Therefore, I decided to make a very simple and classic card.    I'm not sure where I got the digital of the ship as I have had it for a long time.  The ship has been put on a black mat and then placed on gold cardstock.

As I make my Thanksgiving cards, I think about the many ways I am thankful.  I have so much to be thankful for.  One of them is that I have made so many friends - more than I could possibly have imagined- the past couple of years as a result of starting this blog. 
Petra
Thanksgiving is not only a time to be grateful for the everything we have but it always reminds me of my childhood days. When the crops were harvested and the fields laid bare, every day we would hope for some windy weather and then we would go out with our kites and have competitions which kite would fly highest (lol). In this spirit I kept my Thanksgiving card very simple (paper: American Craft, stamps: Waltzing Mouse) but added some little friendly kites.
Michele
I've made another tag for this Thanksgiving challenge.  One of my favorite Thanksgiving themes is the cornucopia or "horn of plenty."  This stamp comes from MadRat Rubber; she is a huntress with her beautiful dog and her cornucopia full of goodies.  To me it represents all the things we have to be thankful for.  In addition to having a home and food in times when many do not, I am also extremely thankful for the time and the ability to craft.  

1 comment: