Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Paper Piecing Portrait

Here is a card I made a while back using paper piecing.  The image is called Asian Square Masami / Beautiful  from CS Designs.  I tried to do a little paper piecing on rhis.  I think doing this technique on a digital is much harder than on a regularly stamped image.

A piece of lace punched from a Martha Stewart adds a contrasting color to the card.  I really like using green and purple.  As a final piece of embellisshment I strung some green beads and attached it to an old button.

8 comments:

  1. Looks great Vicki! I love paper piecing it always looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the addition of beads alot - takes the card from nice to great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dangling bead charm piece is a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really striking card - love the paperpiecing with the image you chose.

    ReplyDelete