Sunday, March 27, 2011

Additional Inspiration for the "Be a Sport" Challenge

Here are some additonal creations done by my DT to give you inspiration for entering the challenge "Be a Sport"..
Barbara
This card came about because I needed a boy's birthday card. Since he is a good soccer player, I used this soccer ball. It's part of a Cuttlebug die and four embossing folder set. I bought it a few years ago since I just had to have it. This was the first time I used it. The ribbon at the bottom was a part of a ribbon grab bag. When I got it, I just knew I would never use the sports ribbon. I was so happy that I had it when I was making this card. Using green cardstock to represent the soccer field and a birthday sentiment, I had the perfect sports birthday card.
Krisha
"Leif Blower" is the CHAMP when it comes to keeping things neat and tidy. He is a great image from Dude Time Doodles. I colored him with pencil and mounted him on dark green cs and then onto a hand made green. Thanks Boni for sending me Leif, I enjoyed using him in this challenge.
Petra
Dude Time Doodles has a great range of real fun digi images. And Wayne Waves is no exception. He has great fun surfing the waves after I cut him out and coloured him with Copics and Koh-i-noors. Unfortunately he lost his amulet because of the wild ride (lol). The background paper is October Afternoon and an image from Graphics Design Travel Ephemera. The sentiment is printed, the little birds in the sky stamped with Elzybells stamps and ink.
Vicki
Here is another cute digital from Dude Time Doodles.  Skip the skateboarder makes the perfect birthday card for a teen.  He is grinning ear to ear because he is master of the board.   The image is on a mat using Double Bugging, a Technique Junkies technique.  The nice thing about using double bugging is that you can take two embossing folders and make an entirely different design.  In this case I used the stars and dotted swiss folders.

You have one week left to enter the "Be a Sport" challenge.  Let's see your take on this theme.

3 comments:

  1. Love all of your Sporty Dude cards! I will work hard to joining in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to have been chosen the winner for this challenge - all your challenges are great! My details have been emailled to you - thank you.

    ReplyDelete