Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Gothic Arch

This is my first Gothic Arch and I'm going to enter it into the Gothic Arches Challenge for Marie Antoinette.  I am pleased.  It is not too cluttered and I emphasize the "eat cake" by putting the cake on pop dots so that it is raised and sitting out of her hand.

The background is Glimmer Lace which gives a pleasant background without my doing anything else to it.   The scan is not really showing the various intensities of the blue background.  I scanned the arch on a blue piece of cardstock so the lace would show.  On her head is a small translucent piece of sequin I found on my desk when cleaning it off.  (Yes, I finally got my desk cleaned off!).  On top of the lace is a row of pearls.  In the corner of the arch is a piece of scrollwork that I cut from a die. The digitals came from Graphics Fairy.

2 comments:

  1. Vicki, this is a lovely Gothic Arch! Love Marie holding the cake. The background is lovely and that lace you picked out is a perfect compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes beautiful Vicki! That lace on the bottom is oh so lovely! You'll be hooked from now on!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete